Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 267891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Playthrough thoughts thread

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

There's also the matter of the Turks not being able to see them, so there's more to it than that considering both Reno and Rude have more contact with Cloud than Rufus, and Tseng has direct contact with Aerith.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Aerith touching people does seem to grant some people the ability to see them, but I kind of think it really has more to do with people who have the ability to change destiny simply have the power to see them, especially when they try to alter events like how Avalanche finally sees them when they try to do the Reactos 5 missions without Cloud. I say this because of the Shin-Ra members, only Hojo and Rufus ever see them, yet Hojo tried to change history by revealing Cloud's true nature to him, whereas Rufus just seems to be able to see them whereas Tseng couldn't.

The only people who seem to know what the Whispers actually are seem to be Aerith and Sephiroth, though Red XIII knows a little after Aerith touched him and imbued him with knowledge. These little moments are probably why a large part of the fanbase is theorizing that Aerith and Sephy are somehow channeling their future incarnations from the Lifestream.

Well Sephiroth is definitely either a time-traveler or is able to use the lifestream to see the future.

I didn't think Aerith was though. I thought she was just using her ability to communicate with the planet to essentially ask what's going on. Because she seems clueless at the very start, but then suddenly knows a lot more when you see her in the church.

Although now I think of it, I guess that's kinda the equivalent of just using the lifestream to see the future.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yep, as I said, this is a stealth sequel.

Except if most of the story ends up being the same, it'll be hard to call it a sequel.

As I've suggested in another thread, my theory is that the only reason they're doing this is to cast some doubt onto certain events in the story (Aerith's death).

So it won't end up being very different in the end. It'll be a bit of a bluff to keep people guessing and speculating about what's coming.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I expect the plot to go off rails the further we go in. This is going to be like the Rebuild of Evangelion series which also "follows the plot of the original" but radically changed a lot of things before going in a completely new direction. I expect the remake will go beyond the original story's framework and won't end after Holy stops Meteor.

I guess I'm gonna have to watch Evangelion, given that everyone is using that analogy.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Strife View Post
    I guess I'm gonna have to watch Evangelion, given that everyone is using that analogy.
    Rebuild is just a film remake of the TV series, the first film is a faithful adaption of the first third of the series, but the second film followed the plot but changed things like removing some characters, adding new ones. It still follows the plot but in broad strokes. By the third film though, the story goes in a very different direction and the eventual fourth film is suppose to give the series a new ending. I just imagine, the VII Remake will follow a similar format. We're probably going to get a very different finale for these games from the OG, and since it's being hinted that time travel may be involved, it just makes sense that if the real villain turns out to be a post-AC Sephy trying to change things for the better of himself, then these changes could hint that the remake will be revealed to be the sequel the Compialtion kept promising. That's my reasoning at least, but a lot of that will depend on how Episode 2 plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Nah, it literally is just us two
    Like 5 different youtubers I watch have also made the analogy.

Irony escapes the conscious faculties.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

It's been many years since I played the original, but it wasn't until I saw a YouTube video that reminded me that the prison scene with the blood trail was taken out. That's disappointing. That trout would've been dope to see with these graphics and then there was that container with Jenova with her missing head. I remember that trout creeping me the smurf out.

Yea, I was really disappointed. That was one of the most tense scenes in the OG and now it's just....not there? Quite lame.

Well once they'd decided that Sephiroth was going to show up quite a lot, it wouldn't have really made much sense.

When I first saw Jenova, I didn't know what it was. I saw the eyeball on its "breast" and assumed that was its face. Then Barret starts screaming "where's its head?" and I'm just thinking: it's an alien.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.