Thread: Would you still be a huge FF fan if not for EoFF?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Would you still be a huge FF fan if not for EoFF?

I wonder sometimes.

It's gotta help to constantly be here, surrounded by Final Fantasy and people excited for the new releases.

Do you think your fandom would have waned if you weren't surrounded by a fan community?

I think I can honestly say yes, I would easily still be a huge fan. I've always enjoyed Final Fantasy, even without the community reminding me of new releases I think I'd still be anticipating new games at launch. But being at the forum has probably changed my perspective of what I thought other fans would be like.
    Last edited by Lone Wolf Leonhart; 04-10-2020 at 10:47 PM.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Easily, yes.

I was a big FF fan long before I came to EoFF and I'll be a big FF fan even after it.

Well, yeah, to the degree that I even am still a fan. I'm a fan of FFX and earlier, not a fan of the series since.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, I'd still be a fan without the community, just more of one who keeps that fanboy aspect locked away more. The community is just a great place to show off that part of yourself for better of for worse.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I figured the most common response would be "yea of course", but I do remember hearing from people who've said had it not been for all the time they spent here they may not have thought about the past couple entries.

I've been one of those a little disappointed by recent entries, at least compared to when I was a kid. I'm not 100% sure how much EoFF has had to do with me (finally) playing them.

I remember not being all that into the hype here for FF15, maybe because it was quite prolonged development time, and maybe because it was after I had most of my fun here.

EoFF certainly increased my knowledge and understanding of the games, and sometimes I will read a thread here that makes me want to go replay one.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'd probably be more of a Final Fantasy fanboy without this place, all things considered.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I haven't been a fan of them for a long time, despite being around this place.

Of course yes. I replayed the games really often so I'm always in a FF mood :P

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd still be a FF fan but I probably wouldn't have been encouraged to play as many of the entries. Still got FFIII & FFV to tick off but I'm getting there.

If I had not begun my career with FF7 (clarification: it was the first FF I completed), I might've become a fan through this website. Or I may have never cared about FF at all. Funny to think that 7 colors my interest in games toward those either in the vein of FF (i.e. Suikoden/BoF/DQ/SO/AtL) or with a similar character design (i.e. RoF/Nier/etc).
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.