Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you want to see in Episode 2?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nom nom nom What do you want to see in Episode 2?

For those who have finished the remake, what do you want to see in the sequel?

Please mark spoilers for those who haven't played or finished Episode 1.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Honestly depending on how much they stick to the original (SPOILER)(despite the ending of part one) I'm looking forward to seeing the Midgar Zolom and how they handle it, whether it will be avoidable or a forced encounter or not. Then I'm looking forward to seeing Junon and hopefully Barret in his sailor outfit.

(SPOILER)Also I hope they add a lengthy side quest chain in which we help Leslie track down his lost wife. That story thread was deliberately left hanging so they obviously have something in mind for it.

I expect that when it comes to character progression they'll probably pull something along the lines of (SPOILER)much of the latent power of equipment and materia was drained in the Destiny defying finale of part one and put everyone on a similar power footing to begin the next part with.

But honestly right now, above all else, I just want a trailer so I can get a feel for what direction they're going in.

Game mechanics wise I'd hope to see an improved camera system and targeting system.

Other than that, I want to see how they will handle the Over World part of the game. Will it be similar to how you travel in the slums via route or something else entirely? And being able to ride a chocobo.
    "The Real Folk Blues" by Seatbelts ft. Mai Yamane

I hope they will keep the same gameplay because I really enjoy it and I'm curious to see how the other characters will play. I'm also curious of how they would do the open world, Maybe it will be a traveling system more with like FFX because the game is so huge, I'm not sure they will do a real open world. I also hope to see (SPOILER)Aerith's death in the next part. It will be really sad and painful, but it's so important for the story, it would be terrible if they make her survive. It just wouldn't be FFVII anymore.

It's not really about what I want to see in it, but I also really wish they would do 3 or 4 parts and not more.

I don't know why so many people suspect Aerith's death will be in part 2 - The party visits so many locations before Aerith's death, that it would at least need to be at the end of part 3.

Here's how I think it should pan out:

Part 2 - Kalm flashback to Nibelheim/Mt Nibel (Vincent as a guest like Red XIII was in part 1)
    Part 3 - Rocket Town to City Of The Ancients
    Part 4 - Ice continent to Final dungeon

These are the obvious narrative choices IMO. Part 2 would effectively open with Nibelheim (Kalm flashbacks) and also end with it (visiting Nibelheim for real). Part 3 would be the next step of the journey, possibly with some sea exploration added with the tiny bronco, and also Wutai being compulsary. And part 4, the final part, would both open and close with the northern continent.

I also think Cid should feature in part 2, during some scenes with Shinra maybe where he tries to get the space programme running or something. And then he doesn't join the party until part 3. This way, Cid would not miss out on part 2, thus every playable character would be introduced by part 2, but with Cid and Vincent not being actual party members until part 3. This would work best IMO.

As for new stories and stuff - I welcome them, AS LONG as they are not at the expense of the main story we all know. I don't want them to axe anything.

Just came up with a thought that maybe each part will have a different name, that goes something like this:
    Part 1 - Remake
    Part 2 - Rebirth (Could relate to Jenova Birth among other things)
    Part 3 - Resurrection (Could relate to Aerith surviving death among other things)
    Part 4 - Reunion (Will feature the reunion scene)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvio View Post
    Just came up with a thought that maybe each part will have a different name, that goes something like this:
    Part 1 - Remake
    Part 2 - Rebirth (Could relate to Jenova Birth among other things)
    Part 3 - Resurrection (Could relate to Aerith surviving death among other things)
    Part 4 - Reunion (Will feature the reunion scene)
    As much as I love Aerith, I hope she will stay dead, and same for Zack. Their deaths are too impactful and meaningful for the story of FFVII.

I actually think Part 2 would be most likely to be called Reunion and they'll wrap up that part of the story pretty quickly before we move onto Meteor and Holy. Maybe the third part will be called Regenesis. I predict the story will reveal that the Ancients summoned Meteor to destroy Jenova.

I also predict that Rufus is the secret leader/financier of Avalanche (with the goal of assassinating his father and becoming President).

Also, Shiva, I disagree. Aerith and Zack's deaths no longer have the same meaning and impact as they did in the original game. Unless Square Enix handles the approach differently. Also, I believe that if they do off Aerith, it will be in the third installment (yes, I'm holding to that). Giving us two whole games to utilize and grow to love her (and a second foreshadowing) before ripping out our hearts in the third game.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post

I also predict that Rufus is the secret leader/financier of Avalanche (with the goal of assassinating his father and becoming President).
    Technically that has already been confirmed, since that was a plot point in Before Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno

Technically.
    Yes, technically, I had checked on that after developing my theory so as to further concrete my claim. But fans prefer to digest the material firsthand and all us Americans get is Japan's hand-me-down info because we can't play Before Crisis.

Another of the reasons I believe Genesis and Weiss will both feature in the upcoming installments because fans prefer the info to feel like it's coming from the same source. The mistake of the Compilation and the KH franchise (and XV) was that info was spread out across different mediums, different platforms. And if SQEX truly has no plans to remake BC or CC, then they've got to feed their hungry fans another way. Yay?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

I actually think Part 2 would be most likely to be called Reunion and they'll wrap up that part of the story pretty quickly before we move onto Meteor and Holy. Maybe the third part will be called Regenesis. I predict the story will reveal that the Ancients summoned Meteor to destroy Jenova.

Also, Shiva, I disagree. Aerith and Zack's deaths no longer have the same meaning and impact as they did in the original game. Unless Square Enix handles the approach differently. Also, I believe that if they do off Aerith, it will be in the third installment (yes, I'm holding to that). Giving us two whole games to utilize and grow to love her (and a second foreshadowing) before ripping out our hearts in the third game.
    But the Reunion happens way after Aerith's death, and quite late on in the game. Unless you're saying they will drastically switch the order of things?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post

Technically that has already been confirmed, since that was a plot point in Before Crisis.

Wait. What ?

Is this why they removed Rufus's "I like to control the world with fear", speech ?

But the Reunion happens way after Aerith's death, and quite late on in the game. Unless you're saying they will drastically switch the order of things?
    I am saying. They pretty much already have. (SPOILER)Introducing Sephiroth. Showing a bunch of Cloud's flashbacks. The flashes forward. Zack's attack. Fighting "the Valkyrie"/Heligunner as you climb the plate. Hell, the holotheater is pretty much just a reworking of the one we see in Cosmo Canyon. Also, we were obviously never meant to meet Leslie who only ever made any appearance in The Kids Are Alright. Don't forget Marlene looking out the window like she did at the end of the OG.

Some changes may not seem significant as much of it is just rearranging Midgar events. But don't forget the OG didn't introduce the idea of Sephiroth clones until Aerith's death sequence.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post

Wait. What ?

Is this why they removed Rufus's "I like to control the world with fear", speech ?
    Honestly I think that was removed because it just didn't serve any purpose or really make much sense. His dad just ordered the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent people in order to wipe out a 5-person terrorist cell and their merc buddy, it's not super easy to see where you escalate from there. And the events of the story keep Rufus from doing much proactive anyway, Shinra's almost constantly one step behind except for the Huge Materia plot and moving the Sister Ray, and it's really Heideggar and Scarlet who carry on the evil corporation side of things anyway while Rufus seems more interested in actually stopping Sephiroth.