Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VII R Theory (Spolers)

Default VII R Theory (Spolers)

So I have a theory regarding Leslie's missing wife. My theory is, the woman in question is Elena of the turks. This is because in the original game, Don Corneo's return when the party go to Wutai involve him kidnapping Elena (and Yuffie). So, I just think that this would tie in well with Leslie getting his revenge on Don Corneo.

Sure, we see Leslie's wife in a flashback scene, but it still could be Elena IMO, she could have changed her look when she joined the turks. Also explains her disappearance.

What do you think?

It is an interesting theory! I really like Leslie and I'm excited to see more of him. We'll probably see him again with Don Corneo in Wutai.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Elena Kyle. Like Catwoman
    lol is that catwoman's name? I was unaware

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you read The Kids Are Alright we already know who Leslie's wife actually is, and it's not her I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Madame Adequate View Post
    If you read The Kids Are Alright we already know who Leslie's wife actually is, and it's not her I'm afraid.
    Ahh right, I see. There's my theory down the toilet then lol

Quote Originally Posted by Madame Adequate View Post
    Ahh I knew I remembered him from somewhere. I bought that book from amazon thinking it was fanfic lol.

• Roche is inspired by the red motorcyclist from G-Bike and his personality is an amalgam of the Advent Children.
    • The soldier who recognizes Cloud during the Shinra building infiltration is the same one who recognized him at Sector 8.
    • Zack is not in an alternate timeline. He exists in the physical representation of the Lifestream. The "Cloud" on his should is not real, just a manifestation of his heroic sacrifice. We'll later see Jessie in this same place.
    • Part 2 will address Rufus' connection to Avalanche.
    • Hints will drop that Bugenhagen designed Shinra's holotheater.
    • Just like Millennion(the corporation-slash-crime syndicate from Gungrave), we'll learn that every high-ranking member of Shinra's staff (i.e. Rufus, Heidegger, Scarlet, Palmer) have all been infused with Jenova. This is why Rufus (and Palmer in the OG) are so damned powerful as to take on a "1-C SOLDIER Operator" alone much less [Palmer] solo a larger group.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 05-08-2020 at 05:26 AM.

• Roche is inspired by the red motorcyclist from G-Bike and his personality is an amalgam of the Advent Children.

I thought he was a call back to the 80's and '90s and the American Crack epidemic.

To be fair, Palmer is such a complete pushover in the original that there hardly needs to be an explanation for his "abilities." You don't need any special qualifications to get your ass handed to you by an elite group.

I'd just chalk up the fact that he even survives the encounter to some nigh indestructible Shinra tech woven into his suit and him doing damage at all also to Shinra tech. He uses a gun doesn't he?

palmer is a comedic goofball fat man trope character who doesnt need a magic tech suit to survive his comedic goodball fat man pratfall trope antics

Well, the "suit" would have to be a prototype for a project the company abandoned. Otherwise, it still doesn't make sense that 1st Class SOLDIERs in Midgar are just scrubs and not a boss battle all their own. Sayin'.

Those aren't first class SOLDIERs (oh unless you meant when you return to Midgar, but those guys completely outclass Palmer). They're 3rd class and even though they're regular enemies, they are probably harder than Palmer at least at the time you fight them. Palmer poses zero risk. At the time you fight 3rd class SOLDIERS, they can do severe damage quickly with their double attacks. 1st class SOLDIERS are badasses. Yes, they are regular enemies, but you only fight them near the end of the game and they are probably close to being on par with flashback Sephiroth.
    Last edited by Lord Golbez; 05-07-2020 at 08:01 PM.

Well, I'll be thankful if R2 removes that battle entirely.
    Maybe Cid could fight Palmer solo. That way it'd be more even-matched than a whole team, though Cid would still obviously kick his ass

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvio View Post
    Well, I'll be thankful if R2 removes that battle entirely.
    Maybe Cid could fight Palmer solo. That way it'd be more even-matched than a whole team, though Cid would still obviously kick his ass

All for this ! Barret can have his solo battle with Dyne and Cid can have his solo battle with Palmer. I still want them to keep the truck part though, it's just classic FF7.

Also hopefully later Tifa has a proper solo battle with Scarlet and they remove the slap fight.

A proper Tifa/Scarlet fight could be cool. I feel like Scarlet should not realistically be match for Tifa on a physical level (which obviously is just one of the reasons the slap fight was stupid), but she should be armed to the teeth.

Cid has a slapfight with Palmer.

P: I need more butter for my tea!
    C: I don't care! Get away from my gulldarn plane!
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.