Thread: Started again after 5+ years!

Default Started again after 5+ years!

Hi everyone! Long time no see here on EyesOnFF, I hope everyone is doing well. I just started playing FFXIV again after not playing for around 5 years. I started a new character on Sargatanas and look forward to playing with you all and rejoining the Fat Chocobos! Please add me in game: Tahani Lockhart

Thanks!

I just resubbed again. I'm currently about half to 2/3 way through the Stormblood content. This time I'm going to try pushing through all the way through Shadowbringers. I sometimes get a little bored of the fetch quests but I like the story overall and that keeps drawing me back after every time i take a break.

I'm wondering if the Fat Chocobos are just dead. Nobody has added me yet lol

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Try sending a request in game? You have to be online at the same time in game for someone to invite you so it may just be bad timing (or I'm the only one who's seen the request). I won't be back on until the weekend probs.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Given the lockdown I'm halfway thinking about getting XIV finally, but it feels so weird jumping on a game that's been out for so long. I feel like I'd be so behind and have no one to play with.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Normally I'd agree there, but I think the current situation would mean quite the opposite. I see a lot more new players around at the moment, and even more veteran players are using the time to level alts etc.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I have had to wait in queues to get in game recently. Queues!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Normally I'd agree there, but I think the current situation would mean quite the opposite. I see a lot more new players around at the moment, and even more veteran players are using the time to level alts etc.
    Hmm, I'll think about it. This lockdown has making me think about buying a lot of games, but I should be careful. This is also a good time to save money.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Try sending a request in game? You have to be online at the same time in game for someone to invite you so it may just be bad timing (or I'm the only one who's seen the request). I won't be back on until the weekend probs.
    Oh I didn't know we had to be online at the same time. Good to know, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Given the lockdown I'm halfway thinking about getting XIV finally, but it feels so weird jumping on a game that's been out for so long. I feel like I'd be so behind and have no one to play with.
    I started over from Level 1 and am finding tons of people everywhere. It's a great time to join!

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    They level sync the lower level content and make it worth running for higher level players (daily low level dungeon roulette bonus). So you don't always feel so behind when all your high level guildies scan still run dungeons with you.

I'm only level 67 out of 80 so it's great for filthy casual such as myself.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Glad to see we got you in!

Yeah! It all got sorted in Discord