Thread: Which version did you buy?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Which version did you buy?

Despite what I said in the Demo thread about maybe having to wait a while to buy this, I ended up going out and getting it today.

I went for the standard physical copy (the Walmart version was 10 bucks off and came with a few art cards), and when I got home downloaded the digital deluxe add-on.

Unfortunately I didn't pre-order for the Chocobo Chick, but the digital deluxe came with Carbuncle on top of Cactuar, so you win some, you lose some.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Carby is reportedly either the best or second-best summon so you didn't miss out. Chocochick looks like it has a severe genetic condition so you doubly didn't miss out!

I got the standard edition pre-order because I didn't feel like paying £15 extra for a couple of summons but the game's so damn good I kind of wish I had

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I got the Digital Deluxe version.

Standard pre-order download. I would have gone £10 cheaper and bought from Amazon but they were out of stock the day I ordered.

I would have liked to have the extra summons or w/e, but I can't justify the price of games these days.

Bonus pack. Told myself I was supporting SQEX's development of the sequel. I'm not disappointed having the Soundtrack and DAB.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Deluxe version at EB games (Gamestop in Canada). This was the first game I pre-ordered in about 4 or 5 years. Glad I did as both the standard and the deluxe version are out of stock. Got the Cactaur and Chocobo chick materia.

And a pretty cool Shinra ID card too:
    FFVIIR_EB_KeyCard_Beautyshot.jpg

I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition from EB Games too!

I bought the standard digital version. I have yet to play it as I'm letting my wife play it first. I've seen a whole bunch of it and it looks amazing. Hopefully she will beat it this week then it's my turn.

I pre-ordered the physical Deluxe Edition, but was disappointed with both summons (Cactuar and Chocobo Chick)… I would rather have Carbuncle… I hope it will be possible to have him at some point in the future, regardless of which (and when) edition you purchased.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Madame Adequate View Post
    Carby is reportedly either the best or second-best summon so you didn't miss out.
    I loved Carbuncle in this game. Probably my most used summon, especially because I suck at fighting and could use the support lmao.

People like to make fun of my boy, saying he's got a forehead like Megamind. But I think he's adorable.