Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: (SPOILERS) Which character would win your "Most Improved" award?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Default (SPOILERS) Which character would win your "Most Improved" award?

Who do you think greatly improved as a character from the original to the Remake?

For myself it's Aerith and I actually really like how cheeky and fun she is. That gleeful steel chair shot that she delivered right to that goon's skull was pure primetime.

Aerith and Barret. I miss Aerith's fighting style though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

People keep saying that about Aerith, but I’ve honestly felt she was that cheeky even in the original. It’s the Compilation that flanderized her into Jesus but a girl.

I also think Aerith didn't change much, but I really like how she is in the remake. In Crisis Core, she was younger, and in Advent Children, she was in the Lifestream. Of course she's not like in the in the og and the remake. I like how sad she always looks behind her huge smile to be honest. It makes her feel real. I've always interpreted her as such, but now, we see it. I also really love her new fighting style since she feels like a mage.

That being said, I think the character who improved the most is Cloud, not because he necessarily improved, but I really like how they pictured his confusion and how he's not well. I love how awkward he is, too. It's something that, without good graphic and without voice, was harder to see. They put the emphasis on the fact that he's trying to be cool but not always succeed and it's really fun to see :P

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    People keep saying that about Aerith, but I’ve honestly felt she was that cheeky even in the original. It’s the Compilation that flanderized her into Jesus but a girl.
    Yeah, I didn't mean to imply she'd become something different, just that I like how they portrayed that aspect of her personality in the Remake whereas before I could take it or leave it.

My vote goes to Barret. I think Aerith is actually pretty similar to the way she is in the original. Just some more lines to portray that a bit more. Barret is also pretty similar but they really develop him a lot more.

NPCs got more attention than in the OG.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

If they didn't turn Jessie into an over the top sex bot I would go with her but since Jessie was developed the way she was I will go with Aerith also.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I mean it's obviously Don C with those belly physics.

Johnny because I literally didn't even realise he was an OG character

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Yeah, that's why she's improved because she's gone back to herself, her original character. Well almost, she's still "scared of the sky", like how she was in Crisis Core.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvio View Post
    Johnny because I literally didn't even realise he was an OG character
    Ooof. Poor Johnny !

i love that jesse was incredibly horny on main

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

So my serious answer to this question is Aerith as well. Her personality is so much more in-tone with the OG. She's a sassmeister, she decks a goon with a steel chair, and she's always praising Tifa, and she hyperventilates with excitement about seeing Fem-Cloud. Total queen.

This is a pretty tough one but I'd probably say Aerith as well.

I wasn't very fond of her in the original because I liked Tifa more. I feel this time around if things go the way expected than it would have more of an impact on me.
    "The Real Folk Blues" by Seatbelts ft. Mai Yamane

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gashtacular View Post
    i love that jesse was incredibly horny on main

Lol, you just wanted to see a video game sex scene. Her voracious sexuality would have been fine if they had limited it to perhaps a single scene or two when the plot called for it. But not throughout her entire time in the game even while she was in the middle of a bombing mission.