Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Also, for those who don't know who to start with, the main website has a personality quiz to help you determine who your lead should be. I apparently should have gone with Riesz as my starting character.
    I got Angela. Very strange quiz!

I started this with a team of Hawkeye/Duran/Riesz. Me and my kids each picked a character. It's pretty fun so far though a tad easy. And also a little old school.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Also, for those who don't know who to start with, the main website has a personality quiz to help you determine who your lead should be. I apparently should have gone with Riesz as my starting character.
    I got Angela. Very strange quiz!

I started this with a team of Hawkeye/Duran/Riesz. Me and my kids each picked a character. It's pretty fun so far though a tad easy. And also a little old school.
    One of my favorite parties.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Any tips for the party? I thought I'd need to upgrade Duran on the light side to get healing.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, if the game is feeling too easy, go Dark/Light with Duran, Hawkeye goes full dark, and Rieze goes full light. You won't have healing magic, but you'll have almost every buff/debuff ability in the game which can make boss fights very entertaining.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Any tips for the party? I thought I'd need to upgrade Duran on the light side to get healing.
    For Hawkeye I like to go Dark/Light to make him a Ninja Master. You get multitarget spells for 4 elements.

Riesz I go Light and you can then go either way for her second upgrade. I find Buffs more effective than debuffs.

Duran I like to go Dark/Light to get the Edelfrei class. You get saber spells for 6 out of 8 elements, only missing light and dark. Moon saber also drains HP when it does damage, and Leaf Saber does the same for MP. They are late game though and you will lose access to his healing spell, but I find the sabers worth it in the long run. I especially like having access to Wood elemental damage because of one really annoying boss who is weak to it and can damage your max HP.

When it comes to healing have a nice stock of items. And don't neglect spirit when leveling, you need it to actually learn a lot of the spells!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Honestly, if the game is feeling too easy, go Dark/Light with Duran, Hawkeye goes full dark, and Rieze goes full light. You won't have healing magic, but you'll have almost every buff/debuff ability in the game which can make boss fights very entertaining.
    Love how we have almost the exact same build ideas.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I got this when it first came out. My party was Angela, Duran, and Reisz. I went Dark route and learned all the status magic. Duran and Reisz went light and learned buffs. Angela "I'm the DPS and you're all my supports" Altena. I did everything, beat the Black Rabite at 81 before doing the post game. And just incase Angela wasn't broken before, giving her No MP cost made sure of it.

My second team is Kevin, Charlotte, and Hawkeye. I haven't finished it yet.