Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (SPOILERS UNMARKED) Chapter 14 - Garden scene, your choices

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    When you stay the night at Aerith's place and you go out to "get some air" and someone talks to you.
    You talking about that part where Aerith was talking to cloud through astral projection?

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    When you stay the night at Aerith's place and you go out to "get some air" and someone talks to you.
    You talking about that part where Aerith was talking to cloud through astral projection?
    That's the one. Although in my playthrough I had the scene with Tifa instead.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    So how could you have gotten Tifa? I like Tifa better. When that part came up and you had to choose who to wake up first, though I didn't know it was a choice I went straight to Tifa since she's the homegirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    One of two ways: if you did every last sidequest, then presumably you have to talk to Tifa in the sewers instead of Aerith.

Otherwise just avoid doing Aerith's sidequests.

I've tested this. Here's what I did: I completed the game on Hard Mode doing all of the sidequests in order to collect every manuscript. Obviously, this includes the sidequests in Chapter 3 (for Tifa) and Chapter 8 (for Aerith). During this run, I spoke to Tifa first in the Sewers. In Chapter 14, Tifa met me the Garden. After completing the game, I went back to Chapter 10 in the Sewers and spoke to Aerith instead of Tifa and completed the Chapter. I returned to Chapter 14. It was Aerith in the Garden. Next, I played through Chapter 8 and called it quits right after the fight with Rude (meaning I went into Aerith's house) then completed the chapter. Chapter 14 showed Tifa this time ('cause this playthrough still registered Tifa's sidequests). Finally, I replayed chapter 3 and skipped the sidequests (well you have to do one, optimally Chadley's as he's right there. Then you have to save Johnny otherwise you can't get back to the bar. Funny enough, you can avoid Johnny sidenote if you do all of the other sidequests.) Anyway, on my final return to Chapter 14, with no sidequests cleared for Tifa or Aerith, it was Barret in the Garden.

BOO.-.-.YAH
    Thanks, I'll have this in mind once I start my playthrough on hard mode!

So how could you have gotten Tifa? I like Tifa better. When that part came up and you had to choose who to wake up first, though I didn't know it was a choice I went straight to Tifa since she's the homegirl.
    As I understand it's mainly based on sidequests. So if you do all of the sidequests with Tifa in Chapter 3, and none of Aerith's in Chapter...9, I think... then you'll get Tifa. And you have to do all of them in the relevant chapter for it to count. If you do all the sidequests for both of them then the tie-breaker is the choice in the sewers.

If you ignore all the sidequests and are a constant jerk to both of them you'll end up with Barret.

Chapter 8
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

As I understand it's mainly based on sidequests. So if you do all of the sidequests with Tifa in Chapter 3, and none of Aerith's in Chapter...9, I think... then you'll get Tifa. And you have to do all of them in the relevant chapter for it to count. If you do all the sidequests for both of them then the tie-breaker is the choice in the sewers.

If you ignore all the sidequests and are a constant jerk to both of them you'll end up with Barret.
    Don't forget the way you reply to Aerith when you first meet her, that bit also has influence!

I kinda don't think it does.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.