Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (SPOILERS UNMARKED) Chapter 14 - Garden scene, your choices

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default (SPOILERS UNMARKED) Chapter 14 - Garden scene, your choices

A few questions for you about your "date".

1. Who did you want to pick?

2. Who did you end up getting a scene with?

3. What kind of effect do you think this will have on the Gold Saucer story content?

I wanted to have a scene with Tifa. I don't have a "favorite", but I like Aerith with Zack, so I tried to go for the Tifa scene. I was rude to Aerith when given the multiple choice prompts, and even helped Tifa up first after falling into the sewer. I still got a date with Aerith anyway, which is fine.

The only thing I can think of that I did wrong was during sidequests. I missed one sidequest with Tifa, because I was unaware of the point of no return, but I did all sidequests with Aerith. I was also rude to the Wall Market hotel creep.

Getting this scene in the first game made me wonder if they were pushing content up in lieu of doing something else or streamlining more of the Gold Saucer content later.

1) You can't "pick" anyone unless you're playing with foreknowledge of what choices to make to get that character. Which all comes down to how many sidequests you complete in each section.

2) My first playthrough, I got Aerith, having done all of the sidequests. My second playthrough I did all Sector 7 sidequests before I realized it wasn't important to the story and decided to skip all subsequent sidequests (how I got Cloud into rags at Wall Market). This time, I got Tifa. On my third playthrough, I did no sidequests, not even Sector 7. This was Barret's time to shine.

It confused me at first to see Tifa. I thought it was a scene I had forgotten because I was expecting to see Aerith and I didn't realize it was a "decision" scene. I really thought the Aerith scene was "the" scene because it played out like Cloud's dream sequence after the Temple of the Ancients.

3) I don't think decisions will carry over from Part 1 to Part 2. There's already so much "advanced" crap that they are implementing, I doubt they'll even consider it.

EDIT: So, I think who you choose to wake in the sewers does affect the scene ONLY if you've done all of the sidequests. If you've done Tifa's but not Aerith's, I believe it's Tifa and vice versa. Still, doing no sidequests results in Barret regardless.

Best way to test this on a playthrough where you've already done all sidequests. Go back to 10 and choose the girl you want and complete the chapter. Then go to 14 for the result. Since the scene is the opening you don't have to go through the rest before restarting the test. Getting Barret is slightly more complicated as you have to complete two chapters (3 and 8) then go back to 14. Or you could go back to chapter 3, complete it with no sidequests, go back to 14 to see if you get Aerith. Go to chapter 8 and complete with no sidequests and back to 14 to see if you get Barret. Then back to 3 to complete the sidequests and back to 14 to see if it's Tifa. It's COMPLICATED.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 04-28-2020 at 06:39 AM.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

i didnt even know this was a thing. i got tifa. i havent googled this game much and had no idea there were different outcomes for anything (except the dress of course)

1) I didn't know there was an optional scene when I played the game, but I would have wanted Tifa and I favored her like in the og without neglicting Aerith either because I really liked both of them and they have always been my trio in FFVII. I just think Cloud has much more chemistry with Tifa.

2) Tifa. I did all sidequests in both chapter 3 and chapter 8, but I picked Tifa first in the sewers and I favored Tifa in the dialogue options. Tifa and Aerith were the ones to show up in the final battle though (I heard Barret can come too, so it seems it depends of our choice too).

3) I don't think our choice will carry over. I'm sure we will have multiple possibilities of dates in the gold saucer pretty much like that scene in chapter 14.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I got Aerith, which is fine as I pretty much spent the most time with her, and at the time I didn't even know you could get Tifa or Barret.

However, I watched the other cutscenes and all of them are really good. The Barret one is *really* touching.

As for how it affects the Gold Saucer, considering the Platinum trophy requires doing multiple playthroughs on the same save data to get all 9 Dresses (which would likely also impact which resolution scene you get in Chapter 14) I dunno if it can carry over. Unless they have something setup in the save data which makes a record of what you did on the first playthrough and uses that to influence scenes like the Gold Saucer data scene. I kind of expect each part to be a self-contained experience though with minimal carry over.

Ya know, the Barret Gold Saucer 'date' in the original was a joke outcome, but with this Barret I'd be genuinely happy to have him along.

I also agree with the above that I don't think we're going to have comprehensive carry over between games. Are we really going to start game 2 at level 50 with 9,000 HP and Max level materia? I do think we'll have some carry over though - maybe you'll keep the materia you already have but they'll reset the level or something. I think it would be weird to have to re-get all your summons for example. And as for the gold saucer date and character decisions, I suspect it'll work in the same way were you have a bunch of small decisions throughout the game that affect the outcome, but they will be local to that game.
    Last edited by Fox; 04-26-2020 at 01:27 PM.

In the playthrough where I got Aerith, I had approached Tifa first in the sewer. So that affects nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    As you can multiple playthroughs on the same save data, I expect minimal carry over.
    It is possible that you could affect Part 2's save data the same way as Part 1. If you go back and make different decisions in Chapter 3, you don't need to play through the rest. You can just select and play through Chapter 9 to see the results on Tifa. It might be a bit more irritatingly complicated with an entirely separate game, but it could be done.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

To be clear, I don't think your decisions will carry over to the second game. I think they got the date out of the way in this game, in favor of potentially doing other things at the Gold Saucer. I don't think we'll have a second date event.

Could be totally wrong.

Oh, I know they'll do more date stuff. And more date stuff for the third game. And yes there will be a third game.

Out of the way? That wasn't even a date and I had no idea it was an optional scene until you posted this thread. Granted, I also had no idea the Aeris date was optional when playing the original either, but it was clearly and explicitly a date.
    Last edited by Lord Golbez; 04-27-2020 at 02:06 AM.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Whatever you want to call it, there's an affection system based on the way you treat certain people and how much time you spend with them. Some choices are similar to the choices given in the original FF7, in which the results determine who you get a secluded & special scene with. Tifa, Aerith, or Barret.

I believe people call them "date" mechanics simply because of the way in which they mirror the original content.

Here. A look at some of the various decisions:

https://gamewith.net/ff7/article/show/17878

Last edited by Lone Wolf Leonhart; 04-27-2020 at 05:12 AM.

1. Tifa;

2. Tifa;

3. I think it won't have any effect whatsoever.

I wasn't rude with Aerith when I first met her, quite the contrary. I did all of the side quests. I spoke with Tifa first before fighting with Abzu. I didn't know at the time that my choices would have any influence, but I'm glad my scene was with her. I like Aerith too, but I prefer the idea of romance between Tifa and Cloud!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Oaktree View Post
    1. Tifa;

2. Tifa;

3. I think it won't have any effect whatsoever.

I wasn't rude with Aerith when I first met her, quite the contrary. I did all of the side quests. I spoke with Tifa first before fighting with Abzu. I didn't know at the time that my choices would have any influence, but I'm glad my scene was with her. I like Aerith too, but I prefer the idea of romance between Tifa and Cloud!
    Thanks for typing out my post for me. Ditto.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Huh? I'm past this point in the game, but I don't know what you're talking about.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

When you stay the night at Aerith's place and you go out to "get some air" and someone talks to you.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!