Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally, the Dunk review is here

Strangely enough, I actually ended up agreeing with him on some of his points, particularly how all the high points of the remake were taken from the original, the excessive amount of "anime grunts" (though still not even half as bad as in Advent Children), how they destroyed the pacing and removed any sense of drama and urgency, the continued milking of Sephiroth etc. but of course he still couldn't stop himself from cherry picking and taking things out of context i.e "The Mayor" code phrase.

Probably not as good as the Dunk review, but here's a GameSpot podcast about Remake too:

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/fina...t/2300-6452673

While playing Easy Mode at level 50, if you use the Enfeeblement Ring, watching the various froggy attacks is so damned fun.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

Only cowards play on easy when using the enfeeblement rings

Okay
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by WarZidane View Post
    Dunkey doesn't make reviews, he makes comedic videos about games by taking a bunch of things out of context and commenting on them. I pity anyone who actually treats videos such as this one as a review.

Sadly this one wasn't even that funny.

On a related note, Zero Punctuation's FF7R video is available as well, https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/...o-punctuation/

I found that one a lot funnier, but then I find Zero Punctuation a lot funnier than Dunkey in general.
    Thanks for making this post so I don't have to. Dunk (and ZP for that matter) reviews should not be taken seriously. For anyone who does take them seriously, check out his Pokemon Let's Go Eevee and Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu reviews (note: important that you watch them both, not just one or the other) because they are excellent.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Agreed with WarZidane. Though I personally adore Yahtzee and can’t stand Dunkey for some reason, I feel it’s evidently clear that these are not actual reviews and more just riffing at a game that shouldn’t for the most part be treated as a serious, measured take.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WarZidane View Post
    Dunkey doesn't make reviews, he makes comedic videos about games by taking a bunch of things out of context and commenting on them. I pity anyone who actually treats videos such as this one as a review.

Sadly this one wasn't even that funny.

On a related note, Zero Punctuation's FF7R video is available as well, https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/...o-punctuation/

I found that one a lot funnier, but then I find Zero Punctuation a lot funnier than Dunkey in general.
    Thanks for making this post so I don't have to. Dunk (and ZP for that matter) reviews should not be taken seriously. For anyone who does take them seriously, check out his Pokemon Let's Go Eevee and Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu reviews (note: important that you watch them both, not just one or the other) because they are excellent.

What is satire?

You win Double Jeopardy!

But also:

sat·ire
    /ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/

noun
    the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

(For those who may seriously not know and don't know how to use Google.)