Thread: Do bosses stop taking damage?

Default Do bosses stop taking damage?

So I notice sometimes when a boss is on the verging of entering it's next phase. A crossed circle appears over its HP. I've looked up this phenomenon and although it is apparently a known thing, there is no answer as to what it means. As I'm attacking, my hits are still registering damage but because the boss's HP is so high, I can't tell if I'm still actually affecting it. Do these transitions count as momentary invincibility? Do I have to allow the transition to complete before I attacl again?

Also, I'm currently fighting Arsenal and I can't recall from previous playthroughs (and again this amazingly had no answer online) but do summons not occur during this battle? I've been fighting this thing for over an hour and the summon meter has not appeared. The last time I used a summon was against Jenova. What's going on?

So I found my own answer. I played the Reno fight on Easy mode. Got the Turk to half HP when the crossed circle popped up over his health bar. I kept swinging away. Even staggered the b-. But his health didn't move. This didn't happen when I fought Abzu. I was able to drop that shoat before he could even use Backwater Blast. This is a shait game mechanic IMO.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Yeah, now that you have confirmed it, this was something I didn't like in the battle mechanics.
    "The Real Folk Blues" by Seatbelts ft. Mai Yamane

I don't remember which one is Arsenal. If it's the one you fight with Barret and Aerith, you can definitely use summons. In fact a 9999 hit from Choco Mog probably saved my butt on this fight.