View Poll Results: How would you prefer the release of future episodes?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • More Episodes with less content and fast release dates

2 15.38%
  • Fewer Episodes with more content but later release dates

9 69.23%
  • Don't care

0 0%
  • Reaganomics!

2 15.38%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New VII Remake Ultimania reveals SE doesn't know how long the remake will be.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Yes let's stop evading the swear filter guys. And also let's not insult people!

I apologize
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    3 episodes seems perfect.

FFVII Remake

FFVII Reunion

FFVII Re-Birth

Or something like that.
    No they need to follow the Sailor Moon naming conventions!

Final Fantasy VII R
    Final Fantasy VII S
    Final Fantasy VII Super S
    Final Fantasy Stars

It’s the only way

Only if Cloud does a Magical Girl change before he fights bosses now.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Only if Cloud does a Magical Girl change before he fights bosses now.
    When you and the homies have been cosplaying until 9:59 but gotta save the planet at 10:00

Tifa and Aerith should've fought Don Corneo's goons with the dresses! Better yet, the three of them should've fought Abzu with the dresses and only change after beating him!

Quote Originally Posted by Oaktree View Post
    Better yet, the three of them should've fought Abzu with the dresses and only change after beating him!
    I'm hoping that we get some clothing DLC soon or better the PC community does that for us by modding it in.

Still mad that we never got Drag Cloud in Dissidia.

I am more for fewer episodes with longer periods of development. With that said, I do believe that between each release, they may want to release a DLC mini episode for each game that helps us get through some of the more insignificant parts so it's not wasted on the major releases. For example, a DLC for traveling from Midgar to Junon since there's not a whole lot of content for that portion that does any real character or story building other than Cloud's flashback. They've been mixing that in through other means so it's not like they necessarily need to do it in Kalm anyway. At the very least, let's get past the Midgar Zolom if nothing else.

Since the world map is more or less extinct, I would be okay with there being some measure of point warping dungeon, town, dungeon, etc. Hopefully not as convoluted as some of the dungeon crawling in Midgar though.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, I can see them doing a whole lot for the next Episode, with the team going to Kalm for the full flashback, reaching the Chocobo Ranch and dealing with Midgar Zolom. Turning the Mythril mines into a bigger dungeon and battle against the Turks, perhaps letting Elena fight. Fort Condor will likely go through a major change and likely be a full dungeon/town scenario. Then have a whole sequence where Yuffie is introduced with a dungeon revolved around catching her in some forest hideout, only for the whole second half of the game to take place in Junon and the game ending on the boat ride to the western continent.

I honestly just don't imagine they are going to reach the western continent before Episode 3, and they will milk this remake as long as they can. I mean they already took a sequence that average around seven hours and pushed it into a 30+ hour game, it is not hard to imagine they can do that for every sequence afterwards.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Further translations from the Ultimania reveal that they are only in planning stages for Part 2 and don't really know where they're going with it:

(From: https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/sta...43001726681088 - I'd recommend following her as she's translating a lot of the Ultimania)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The translation seems to imply what a few of us were thinking about how they may be fretting over how to deal with the world map aspect of the game. I imagine they're going to not bother with an open world format, and instead turn it into a more tunnel scenario in order to not hurt the narrative, so I keep imagining the "world map" will be closer to FFX/XIII than say FFXII or XV.

Game developers translation: they are prototyping a bunch of approaches, have a rough plan for each but haven't made a decision on which way to go yet.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I really hope this ends up as only 3 parts and that the story doesn't go into crazy town.

If the next installment ends at the Shinra Boat with the fight against Jenova Birth, expect more than three installments. If we want this thing wrapped up in three Parts, the next episode likely has to end after the battle with Jenova Death, where Cloud finds out "he's a puppet". This would probably include a bonus battle against Ultima Weapon before the closing credit scenes.

There is a theory that each episode will feature Jenova as one of it's final bosses, but if they scrapped the naming theme, possibly we've already face Jenova Birth in the form of Dreamweaver. Meaning not only that there are just two three forms left (Life, Death, Synthesis), but we don't know when they'll be fought.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I really hope this ends up as only 3 parts and that the story doesn't go into crazy town.
    I personally feel that ship has sailed considering the state of the Remake.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wait, hold up.

Motomu Toriyama was responsible for Midgar? I.e. the single best part of FFVII? Are you smurfing kidding me?!