Thread: Coach Logs in for the First Time in a Decade to Post His Review

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Coach Logs in for the First Time in a Decade to Post His Review

This game was amaze-balls.

#mostlamereviewever

To make this thread less spammy, how many *really* old people such as myself that were around for the original liked this game better than the original? Better graphics is one thing, but I actually liked the expansion of the story and characters.
    That "other" site

It's like Tickle Me Elmo, except cool.

I've been replaying the original. It doesn't hit me the same way it did when I played it years ago. Remake definitely has the advantage over it in every way. I will kick, punch, and bite anyone who complains about the length and the potential length of the sequels.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Honestly if they keep this up it might actually compete with the original for my favourite game of all time. I've not yet finished the shinra building though, and there are still future chapters to come. We'll see. I really like how expanded it is and improved it is in a lot of ways though, so far at least.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

LB, spoiler-free... It gets intense and post Shinra building was what made the game for me.

Merc... I will say that I was surprised that the game hit me in the feels the way it did considering I've been through the original countless times before. Kind of like the long lost girlfriend that you never quite got over and suddenly get a second chance at. I'm trying to figure out a way to hold onto Aeris!
    That "other" site

It's like Tickle Me Elmo, except cool.

Don't even talk to me about ex-girlfriends. My emotional loop-de-loops will put you in a straight jacket right alongside me.

Not-really-joking aside, I do still want a remaster of FF7. I've always hated having to rely on the PC community mostly because I'm lazy and don't want to have to swap on their code for the original. I just want Square to do it up official. They don't need to make the FMVs fancier (but please make them skippable) or add voice acting. Just basic stuff like updated character models, background filters, maybe transparent text boxes. What was I talking about?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.