Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Games you love that your friends hate (2020 Edition)

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I smurfing love the Sims games. I have spent so much money on the packs and I still will. I don't care. I love it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I guess I can add FFXV to the list now. I’m absolutely in love with it but like most of the old guard of the FF community seem very bitter towards it.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kikiara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter. This one is pretty unanimous. Wolf Kanno is the only friend I have that’s played it and doesn’t have a visceral hatred for it.
    This is the really big one for me too. For me, Dragon Quarter is far and away the most interesting Breath of Fire game, and I'd probably go so far as to count it among my top ten RPGs of all time. But the game inspires so much hostility in almost of the RPG players I've met, both online and off. I can count on one hand the people I've met who even tolerate it, much less like it.
    Hey, you can add me to that one hand count.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Honestly nothing really comes to mind, both "hate" and "love" are strong words. Like, I enjoyed FFXIII and FFXV but that's far from loving them. On the other hand you've got something like Tales of Graces f which I did love, but then my friends have more of a "meh" reaction to that game, which is far from hate.

I guess the closest would be Ar Tonelico Qoga and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, love both but generally others range from disinterest because fanservice leaves a bad first impression, to having played the game but disliking it overall.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hey my take on XC2 clearly doesn’t count because I haven’t played it!

I'm almost afraid to try XC2 now that I have access to a Switch. I almost feel like Spoony/Noah with FF8 or 10 in regards to it. I don't like the fanservice, and I don't like that fanservice was used with what appeared to be 12 year olds. And their costume designs makes my head hurt. And then when it was localized I found out that those 12 year olds have the voices of 30 year olds (or at least the main character). But either way, no matter how good the game may be, I don't think it would be wise or fair for me to attempt a serious playthrough with the mindset I've had regarding it. So I just kind of ignore that it exists. It doesn't hurt my enjoyment of the first game, so it's whatever I guess. But it is unfortunate that they made those design choices and put off so many former fans of the first game

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    mirrors edge honestly didn't get amazing reviews and mixed reception but I spent over a 100 hours beating time challenges in it and can still probably do the game in under 4hrs
    Mirrors Edge is one of the most purely enjoyable games I've ever played. Always loved the way moving in that world felt and disappointed I never played anything else that captured that magic.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd like Mirror's Edge more if it wasn't for the forced combat sections. Escaping from a building while guards are chasing you down is intense and fun. Not so much when you get stuck in an arena and now have to fight through them to complete the level. Game should have been pure platform if you ask me.