Thread: I can't wait, I can't wait...

Default I can't wait, I can't wait...

I... CAN'T... WAIT

Once upon a time, we all retained a healthy combination of fantastical expectation and dubious skepticism as to whether 7R would be made and what that would entail.

Now that we've had a glimpse into the world of 7R, I feel safe to unload my desire to see specific things faithfully remade in Part 2 (maybe Part 3, I don't know).

In case y'all hadn't noticed, I've been posting a bunch of theories and predictions about the upcoming sequel. Needless to say most of what I've compiled is wishful thinking rather than any real logical deduction on how SQEX may approach the next installment.

Here now, I will just list what I hope to see because wishful thinking is realistically all what I've got as of May 2020.

• The Flashback obviously. I don't want the original. I want Cloud's presence to mean something here. I don't want Sephiroth to one-shot the dragon or use "-ga" spells at the beginning of every random battle. We've met the man anyway, we already know how powerful he is.
    • Zolom...again, I want this battle to mean something. I don't want to have to catch a chocobo to cross the marsh. I think it should be its own place with Zolom as the boss and you should have to "beat" it (like you beat Beatrix in IX), but the story will present the Zolom (Sormr?) as still alive and threatening enough to force the party to flee only to have their asses saved by Sephiroth who straight-up pig-slaughters the wiggly beast. I KNOW... I'm being too specific. My creativity's doing laps around my imaginary think tank. (Also I don't think the Zolom should continue to exist after defeating it. Maybe different versions like the different Weapons, but not the same one.)
    • Fort Condor battles... I have no idea how to expand on this but I have high expectations nonetheless.
    • The Junon parade. They forced us to have a dance-off in Wall Market. They sure as hell better expand on the parade march.
    • Everything in Gold Saucer: Chocobo Racing, Speed Square, Battle Square, Super Dunk, Snowboarding, G-Bike,should have its own difficulty ranks with separate bosses, Torpedo Attack, 3D Battle, Arm Wrestling, even Event Square (just needs to happen more and have more variety).
    • Playing Tifa's piano. Come on, why not?
    • Vincent
    • The numbered chutes in Nibel.
    • The Wutai pagoda. YEAH. Just yeah.
    • The TotA maze, clock, and door game. And the boulders.
    • The excavation site.
    • Climbing the glacier.
    • Oh, my god, how are they going to present the Weapons?
    • Junon vs Sapphire.
    • The slap fight. Nah, I'm kidding. That was hella stupid.
    • The Highwind: as big as the Shinra Boat, which should be big enough to warrant its own "episode".
    • Stopping the train to Corel.
    • Finding "Cloud"
    • Underwater exploration.
    • Fighting Ultima
    • Knights of the Round

And I think that's as much as I want personally.

Things I want that are not likely: Genesis, DGS, reference to Ravens and Elfé, more Turks, Cissnei, Shelke, reference Zirconiade, Omega and Sin, also Gilgamesh... okay, that last one has no connection to even the Compilation, but come on. Gil is practically in every numbered FF. It's about time he show up here too.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

''Fort Condor battles... I have no idea how to expand on this but I have high expectations nonetheless.''
    My god how i hated this part. obviouly it will be different in the remake but its not something i'm looking forward to.

i am alo very curious what they will do with the Gold Saucer, thats gotta be one hell of a ride!
    and Cosmo canyon!!!
    and obviously i want more Zack!

Am I the only one who actually kind of liked the Fort Condor battles?

I loved the Fort Condor stuff. It has a lot of space for being improved though. That type of RTS game isn't well suited for controllers at all.

Agreed, it definitely needs an overhaul. The most frustrating thing about FC (for me) was when you ordered a unit to retreat, it would go right back to fighting the same enemy that was already killing it. But I enjoyed it for the most part.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

I didn't particularly care for it and used the quicker battle "trick" every time

One part they're really struggle to make as good as the original, is the whole chocobo sidequest.

That was so cool upgrading your chocobo and gaining access to new terrains with them.

The only way they could really do that in the same way is if they have a proper open-world. And even then, it won't be the whole world map in one chunk. So it won't be as good as the original.

Finding new areas is always cool. But breeding chocobos was always such a tedious chore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gashtacular View Post
    I didn't particularly care for it and used the quicker battle "trick" every time
    But you couldn't get the special equipment that way. I think the first one is Red's Magic Comb. Later you get a Megalixir (by that point in the game, not terribly useful, I think).
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.