View Poll Results: Which entry would you like to see get remade first?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy V

    1 12.50%
  • Final Fantasy VI

    4 50.00%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

    0 0%
  • Final Fantasy IX

    1 12.50%
  • Some other FF (post your answer)

    1 12.50%
  • I don't want to see anymore remakes.

    0 0%
  • Reaganomics!

    1 12.50%
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Which would you prefer to be remade first?

  1. #1
    Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nowhere and Everywhere
    Posts
    18,384
    Articles
    58
    Blog Entries
    25
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Nom nom nom Which would you prefer to be remade first?

    A lot of SE staff have mentioned in a few interviews in the last few years they would like to see some older FFs get remade. Kitase has mentioned FFV and VIII, Nomura has mentioned FFVI, and Minaba has mentioned IX for example. My question is that if SE was serious about this, which would you rather see first and why?

  2. #2
    The Alpha and the Omega WarZidane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    714

    FFXIV Character

    Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

    Default

    IX, because I don't care that much about the others and would take a brand new game over remakes of those

  3. #3

    Default

    I don't believe any of them will be remade. Certainly not on the scope of the FF7 remake. Maybe on the scope of the DS remakes. So "first" sounds like wishful thinking to me, but FF6 is the obvious choice with the desire to see Magitek armor in modern graphics and not just in some cinematic.

  4. #4

    Default

    Definitively FFVI, and I hope it's gonna be a remake like FFVII. It's my favorite game and it's also a really popular one. It's a shame it's still in 2D.

  5. #5
    tidus79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Bordighera (Italy)
    Posts
    29

    Default

    I agree with Shiva95!

  6. #6

    Default

    FF6 no doubt. Except I don't want them to do a full FF7-style remake that takes 15 years to make.

    I'd want them to a bit more low profile remake where the game could all be done in one go. I'm thinking something like the Octopath Traveler style. Hell, large parts of the game could be directly reused in the octopath style, given that it's based on pixel art.

  7. #7
    Depression Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Warrior Falls
    Posts
    5,962
    Articles
    45
    Blog Entries
    2
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

    Default

    The first FF, but if you do that you have to bring back Sakaguchi. None of these will probably get another remake, but if it was up to me I'd pick that one. IX is my favorite, but I don't trust them to do it justice and the original Final Fantasy is so dated that there's no where to go, but up with it. It already had smaller remakes for the GBA and PSP, but they didn't change all that much. This could be an opportunity to give the game an actual story and actual characters. I would remake this one as a send off to the entire series. You end where you started.

  8. #8
    Depression Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Warrior Falls
    Posts
    5,962
    Articles
    45
    Blog Entries
    2
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JJ Strife View Post
    FF6 no doubt. Except I don't want them to do a full FF7-style remake that takes 15 years to make.

    I'd want them to a bit more low profile remake where the game could all be done in one go. I'm thinking something like the Octopath Traveler style. Hell, large parts of the game could be directly reused in the octopath style, given that it's based on pixel art.
    I don't think I was the only one who said "This looks like FFVI" when the Octopath trailer dropped.

  9. #9

    Default

    FFV, FFVIII or FFIX.



    Maybe even FFII and just give more story and have a choice between a classic FF battle system or keep it the same.




  10. #10
    Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nowhere and Everywhere
    Posts
    18,384
    Articles
    58
    Blog Entries
    25
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ Strife View Post
    FF6 no doubt. Except I don't want them to do a full FF7-style remake that takes 15 years to make.

    I'd want them to a bit more low profile remake where the game could all be done in one go. I'm thinking something like the Octopath Traveler style. Hell, large parts of the game could be directly reused in the octopath style, given that it's based on pixel art.
    I don't think I was the only one who said "This looks like FFVI" when the Octopath trailer dropped.

  11. #11
    Depression Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Warrior Falls
    Posts
    5,962
    Articles
    45
    Blog Entries
    2
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ Strife View Post
    FF6 no doubt. Except I don't want them to do a full FF7-style remake that takes 15 years to make.

    I'd want them to a bit more low profile remake where the game could all be done in one go. I'm thinking something like the Octopath Traveler style. Hell, large parts of the game could be directly reused in the octopath style, given that it's based on pixel art.
    I don't think I was the only one who said "This looks like FFVI" when the Octopath trailer dropped.
    Wow, I can't tell the difference. That's how well it fits!

  12. #12
    Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Aulayna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sector 5 Slums
    Posts
    6,899
    Articles
    143
    Blog Entries
    28

    FFXIV Character

    Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

    Default

    I'd be fine with any of the 8-bit and 16-bit ones getting a Trials of Mana style remake in terms of visuals. Heck even IX could work with that.

    VIII I think is eventually ripe for a VII style remake as the original devs have spoken quite a bit about the stuff they wanted to do with that game but either couldn't, or it had to be cut.

    I imagine VI or VIII are the most likely candidates at this point. Although I won't be at all surprised if Crisis Core gets the Type-0 HD treatment.


  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post

    Damn I want this so much. It fits the style so perfectly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •