3 33.33%
  • Cid Haze FFIII

1 11.11%
  • Dr Cid from FFXII !

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Best FF Oldie

Default Best FF Oldie

They're old, they're great and things were better in their days dammit ! So get off their lawns ! But what one is the best ?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would like to interject here and mention that Auron, Steiner, and Cid Highwind are not even 40. In fact Cid and Steiner are 32 and 33 respectively. They are victims of Japan's youth obsession dammit!

Of the actual old coots though, I'd vote for Tellah or Galuf, but Steiner is easily my favorite on the list.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah I was just gonna say I’m catching up to some of those “oldies” :Colbert:

Galuf wins btw

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I would like to interject here and mention that Auron, Steiner, and Cid Highwind are not even 40. In fact Cid and Steiner are 32 and 33 respectively. They are victims of Japan's youth obsession dammit!
    Is that the reason? I remember noticing that they're all quite young, but never figured out why.

I mean Auron is clearly like 50 minimum

Auron for sure. He's so badass and I love his personality and his story so much.

By the way, I think Cyan from FFVI is older than some characters in the list and Strago should have been there too :P

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I refuse to vote for any characters that are younger than me

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Agree that half of these aren't even old in that sense, but also you missed the actual best old guy, Louisoix from FF14.

I'd probably vote for Auron, except that I refuse to vote for him on principle. Why do you have a bunch of young to middle aged guys here and you don't even have Strago (not that I'd vote for him anyway)?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Auron. Tbh even if he is technically quite a bit younger than his appearance may suggest, he's seen enough trout in his time to earn the title. That sure ages a person. Not to mention dying. Still a damn badass dude though.

I also appreciate that we see what a naive young adult he was ten years prior.

i voted auron and steiner.

auron is just who you want on your side, especially when you are a young hotshot sportsball player and need to be grounded by someone older and wiser.

i can't accept steiner as being in his 30s, and now feel pretty broken up about it. in some ways its actually makes sense - he is full of pride and enthusiasm and is somewhat set in his ways and comfortable with the way his life is (at the beginning of the game), but also still naive and sheltered.

he looks older, tho