Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anthropomorphic sexuality

Default Anthropomorphic sexuality

To what degree do creatures, objects, or aliens need to resemble human physiology for most people to find them "beautiful" in the sense of "social attractiveness"?

I don't usually find animals appealing even when they are anthropomorphized. I may find them likeable socially, friendable, and sometimes can contemplate a longer-term relationship with some characters like, say, Judy Hopps from Zootopia. But I don't usually see them in a "physical intimacy" sort of way... initially.

More often than not, I stumble upon some fanart depicting said characters in a different light expressing themselves in a way you don't usually see. To be blunt, most anthropomorphized animals (and objects) are family-friendly animations which do not express an overtly amorous or provocative nature (i.e. stretching, bending, walking, or touching in a seductive manner).

It's usually after exposure to this new depiction that I begin to find them attractive. Not all. I still have a type.

These fan-alterations also change how I see characters that are meant to be human such as Betty Boop or Marge Simpson. Sometimes these moments actually occur within the context of the source material. For example, on Futurama, I didn't initially find the Decopoidian Edna attractive until she started trying to makeout with Fry.

But I'm forced to wonder... what specifically am I attracted to?

I don't like the concept of Furries. The idea that you can somehow cosplay/role-play as an anthro is strictly ridiculous. The fan-depictions usually transfer physical human attributes that are more commonly desirable. But obviously some attributes remain strictly animal: the nose, the ears, the feet and legs, a tail, sometimes even the mouth retains a bestial shape.

However, there have been people who have gone to great lengths cosmetically, surgically, to obtain an appearance that is more animalistic and yet they don't usually look attractive in the same way these cartoon depictions potentially can.

So wherein lies the magic? The balance between neutered innocent representative of other-worldly imagination and the ultimately malformed abomination resultant of interfering in nature should be a more or less alien existence which somehow retains a powerful attractive quality to human senses.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I dunno man, but Beastars is pretty good and everyone should check it out

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I dunno man, but Beastars is pretty good and everyone should check it out
    I saw an Instagram story with a rabbit about to give head to a wolf and I said nope.

I'm good.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It’s really good tho

If it makes you feel better, she doesn’t end up giving him head!

Good question, I am definitely not someone who is into antromorphic animal/human hybrids. I never saw the appeal.
    I guess for some people it is enough to see somewhat human proportions and they can be attracted ? That said, it is much more normal to find animated characteres nice, because they share attributes of real people. Take the FFVII:Remake cast for example. So many ppl swooning
    The brave does not fear the grave

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post

It’s really good tho

If it makes you feel better, she doesn’t end up giving him head!
    Of course you would like it you have a Beast avatar.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

No but like it’s an honest to God amazing show about society and the human condition and it just has so many layers to it and the characters are amazing and just

It’s a sold anime that shouldn’t be denounced as “just furry stuff” is what I’m saying

I've almost watched that show. But I'm so busy finishing up other series.

Some other examples of fanart changing my perspective: Isabelle from Animal Crossing, Smurfette, and Gadget from Chip and Dale.

To be honest, I've always been into Maid Marian from the original Robin Hood animation, no fanart necessary to push the line.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not for me. I couldn’t entertain the idea of any kind of relationship with an anthropomorphic animal. I mean, I’ve occasionally touched myself thinking about Nannie from Count Duckula but who hasn’t?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eh, I don't mind it and don't consider it any weirder than other kinks out there.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Not for me. I couldn’t entertain the idea of any kind of relationship with an anthropomorphic animal. I mean, I’ve occasionally touched myself thinking about Nannie from Count Duckula but who hasn’t?
    can we talk about this post please

What if there is a God and he has simply abandoned us

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

No, he’s actually very present. Bubba is our penance for our sins.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    can we talk about this post please

What if there is a God and he has simply abandoned us
    This post is literally THE BEST post of the past 3 years on EOFF and it almost went un-noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by THE THREAD STARTER
    I don't like the concept of Furries. The idea that you can somehow cosplay/role-play as an anthro is strictly ridiculous. The fan-depictions usually transfer physical human attributes that are more commonly desirable. But obviously some attributes remain strictly animal: the nose, the ears, the feet and legs, a tail, sometimes even the mouth retains a bestial shape.
    QFT man I'm the same way, not a furry fan.

Shegoth or whatever though from Mortal Kombat III with the three arms, though, hoo boi.

I've long since chosen not to be bothered by Mileena's condition(although I would not let her "service" me no matter how much she'd beg), and I also have approval for D'Vorra and Sheeva. Sayin'
    I mean, I’ve occasionally touched myself thinking about Nannie from Count Duckula but who hasn’t?
    I am unfamiliar with all of these words.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 05-25-2020 at 09:03 PM.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.