Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: EoFF RPG Thunderdome!

I'm sure it'll be CT or FFVI like it always is. Unless only Karifean and WarZidane vote, and then it will be a Falcom game.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well one of the two may likely be eliminated before the final. Every round increases the possibility of a bigger upset. I am starting to think this will go with the bias of the forum and be an all Squenix show before long. Looking at the lineup of winners shows this is a fan forum for sure.

EDITGA: Yeah, of the 20 remaining contestants, only seven of them are not Square-Enix games. Of the entries, I think only 3 of them have a chance of surviving this round, and I expect all three to lose in the following round if they are forced to go up against who I think will win the surrounding rounds.

If you keep increasing the number of categories in each round then the marginal likelihood of an upset on a fan favorite decreases with each passing round. It might be hard to justify voting for a favorite game if the one category selected is its weakest, but with three or more categories it's gonna be pretty easy for everyone to justify just picking their favorite in most matches.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    I'm sure it'll be CT or FFVI like it always is. Unless only Karifean and WarZidane vote, and then it will be a Falcom game.
    I doubt it, there's only two Falcom games left (Ao and Sen no Kiseki), both of which advanced by RNG toss this round, and one of them I haven't played myself. Falcom has not been doing well this contest I'm afraid, and I doubt that'll change now.

I'm pretty sure there's a Trails of Cold Steel game still in this, which might be what you said since I'm unfamiliar with the Japanese titles. I didn't realize it was so low, but I did say if only you and WarZidane vote. I realize the majority are not going for Falcom games. Still there are a number of games still in this competition over which I would vote for ToCS in a bunch of categories, so I wouldn't count them out yet.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll start up Round 3 on Monday.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Painful matchups indeed.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm toying with a fun idea for the next round.

Biggest letdown of the round was FFVII losing.
    Biggest surprise of the round was Fynn not voting for FFXII.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's the beauty of the category system. It gives some games a fighting chance and brings down some games that have popularity powers. The real battle for the death will be in Round 5, because I'm expecting two SNES darlings to go toe to toe for the right to the finals.

I'm still waiting for the final round results to come in, but I'm adding two new elements for the next round. The first thing is I want you to give me a game that has already lost in a previous round. If one game gets a lot of votes, then it will come into the next round as a wild card. If I get different games for each person who participates, then I'll let RNG decide who is the wild card. Wait until the last matches are up in case you want to vote for one of those entries. So don't bother nominating until tomorrow. You'll have 24 hours from the end of the last matches to nom.

The next element will be revealed only after the wild card has been determined.