Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So Bad it's Good...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

:monster: So Bad it's Good...

What's a movie that is terrible that you love?

Zoolander and the Josie and the Pussycats movies.

the older james bond movies are so incredibly problematic but they are extremely my trout.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gashtacular View Post
    the older james bond movies are so incredibly problematic but they are extremely my trout.
    Girl :

James Bond :

Girl :

James Bond slaps girl's ass

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gashtacular View Post
    Girl : James Bond : Girl : James Bond slaps girl's ass
    so true. there is so much wrong with it. i can't defend it. its even worse when the girl is "hysterical" so a slap is required. i watch it for the explosions and gadgets i swear

Blog Entries

"Sidekicks" with Chuck N. and Jonathan Brandis. It's basically a Karate Kid knock-off, but it's sooo goood (not really).

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Movies like Big Trouble in Little China or The 5th Element, but they're tongue-in-cheek bad so not sure if they count.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Hot Rod.

The movie is terrible, but it's one of the funniest movies I've ever watched.

I always figured Hot Rod was bad on purpose. It's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have such fond memories of seeing Dragon Ball Evolution in theaters with my best friend at the time. No one else showed up to the showing, so we could be loud and obnoxious making fun of it. It felt very much like doing my own Mystery Science Theater 3000, and I still love watching that movie to this day to make fun of it.

Only other one I can think of off the top of my head is Troll 2, but I know there has to be more.

Gremlins 2, the Expendables franchise.

Truthfully, I can't enjoy legit bad quality, bad written stuff. My parents tried to watch the whole Dark Shadows series and I just could not.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Default Death to Smoochy

A so-called comedy that is only funny when it's not trying to be. One of the three movies where Robin Williams played a dark deranged character, but unlike Insomnia and One Hour Photo, which both brilliantly channeled his manic energy into chilling and effective dramas, here he's just allowed to run wild. The only times he's actually funny is when he gets repeatedly roughed up.

The central premise is the greatest comedic flaw: that children's entertainment shows are hotbeds of greed, corruption, and lust. Rainbow Randolph (Williams) is caught in a bribery scandal and the network hastily scrambles to find a replacement show host and settles on Smoochy the Rhino (Ed Norton) on the basis of his wholesome and saintly reputation. Naturally Randolph plots revenge in various underhanded and increasingly desperate schemes.

There is a great ensemble cast that I enjoy watching play off each other. My favorite character is Tommy Cotter, the matriarch of the local Irish mob, who is both utterly ruthless to her enemies and motherly protective of anyone she considers family. The movie never drags and is always entertaining to watch these demented characters interact.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

Take a shot every time someone travels by flip. Also, the most realistic part of this movie:

How is a terrible CG dragon transformation realistic you ask? Its the way Liu Kang fights after becoming a dragon. He just sort of wails his arms at his opponent. He barely learned how to transform. He spent zero time learning to fight like a dragon. So he just fights like a human but his arms aren't the same so it's this awkward wacking thing happening. I smurfing love it.