Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old films you would gladly pay to see in theaters again

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cool Old films you would gladly pay to see in theaters again

What it says on the tin. What are some films you would love to watch on the big screen either again, or for the first time?

Disney movies, I would love to see Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Cinderella, Mulan, Snow White, Jungle Book etc in the movies again. Some will need a warning before the film starts of course, like how they do on Disney + like Peter Pan for obvious reasons.

Some of them I never got see in the cinema, like Mermaid and Aladdin. I got to see Lion King 3D if that counts.

The original film reels of the OG Star Wars Trilogy, and Raiders and Temple of Doom of course. Especially Temple of Doom.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

We have a local (enough) independent cinema that will show classic movies from time to time. A friend saw The Aristocats!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'd love to relive the moment where I saw Black Panther in theaters in 2008 and I missed when Disney showed it again for free last year. If I went back I'd go to a different theater out of town because some of the stuff I saw online around that time was crazy. I'd also cosplay as Killmonger.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    We have a local (enough) independent cinema that will show classic movies from time to time. A friend saw The Aristocats!
    Yeah there are a few theaters where I live that do this. I used to watch a lot of anime films at midnight shows at one of the local art theaters.

To answer my own question:
    Ghostbusters
    Casablanca
    The Maltese Falcon
    Vertigo
    Psycho
    Anything Ghibli
    Night on the Galactic Railroad
    Anything Satoshi Kon
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Dr. Strangelove
    Dr. No
    Seven Samurai
    Akira Kurosawa's Dreams
    Big Trouble in Little China

Blog Entries

Jurassic Park. I was too young when the original movie came out.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I didn't have an answer until I saw Seven Samurai. I want to see that in theaters.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I saw Jurassic Park again in theaters a few years ago, and it was fantastic. The effects and everything hold up remarkably well, and I still think it has fantastic pacing and atmosphere. It really is helped by the big screen and sound of the theater too. I’d definitely pay to see it in theaters again.

Christmas Vacation has always been a family favorite, and I do see it whenever it pops up in theaters. May not count when I saw it last year since I could use my A-List (unlike most older movies that pop back up). Still, I would have watched it with my mom even if I had to pay for it outright.

Other than that it’s hard to say. I’d probably watch any Wes Anderson movie again in theaters (especially The Royal Tenenbaums). I’d watch any Ghibli film. I’d watch some favorites from my childhood for nostalgia’s sake as well such as Balto, Flight of Dragons, The Hobbit (animated), or most any Disney.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I forget which Star Wars movie had a rerelease in theaters back in the 2010s, but we went to that and I got an R2D2 + C3PO heart pin. Members of the local 501st Legion showed up and it was awesome.

Star Wars, T2, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Star Trek reboot, Star Trek First Contact, nearly any Marvel film but particularly Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame. Also Expendables.

Geez, wait we're talking about OLD movies... um... old movies... Indiana Jones...

I only go to theaters to see action films and I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

Oh! Jurassic Park!
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

It would definitely be Sin City! Incredible film by Rodrigues. I have rewatched it for maybe 20-30 times already

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I'd love to relive the moment where I saw Black Panther in theaters in 2008 and I missed when Disney showed it again for free last year. If I went back I'd go to a different theater out of town because some of the stuff I saw online around that time was crazy. I'd also cosplay as Killmonger.

I already lose track of time bad enough as it is, I thought I was finally completely senile until IMBD told me it was 2018. I was about to have a heart attack.

Either way, it was a good movie. Saw it at the drive-in theater A Wrinkle In Time.

I'd pay to see Blade Runner, Akira, Last of the Mohicans, or Alien in theaters again. I saw Little Shop of Horrors in theaters a few years back when it made a return. I loved it, Pumpkin did not.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well, assuming no coronavirus, I'd love to see Jurassic Park again. I think I saw it about four times in the theater originally.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum