Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you watch a lot of movies?

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Default Do you watch a lot of movies?

I don't watch a lot of movies. The newest movie I watched was Into The Spiderverse or Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. I watched them about the same time. And that was like a couple years ago and I don't think I've watched any movie since. This was inspired by the "What's a film that you dislike but everyone else seems to love?" topic. I've seen like maybe two of the movies in there people mentioned. I've never seen a single Star War movie. Never seen Godfather or Terminator. Only watch Alien for the first time a few years ago. When I lived with roommates I was a little caught up on the currant movies cause they'd drag me to theaters. But yeah, never been into movies. Always got my media through books or games or series.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes and no, I probably don't go out to the cinema as much as I used to, but I am far more likely to stay in with friends to watch and analyze a movie than I am to binge watch a TV show or play some multiplayer video game with them. I've gone back and forth with cinema from being really disenfranchised by it, to being accused of being a cinephile. I just enjoy the craft that goes into making movies, so I tend to appreciate movies on several levels that I can't quite get as often in other media.

i used to. i wanted to see all the japanese movies, the korean movies, the indie movies, the french art movies, etc etc. sadly there was not the time. i watch movies now sometimes, but not as many as i would like

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

I'd say I watch a lot of movies, not in the cinema though. Vast majority I watch at home, one or two per year I'll watch in the cinema. Mostly because the nearest cinema's three towns/cities away from me. If it was closer I'd just keep my infinite access subscription thing going, but I ended up just not going enough to make that worth it because of the travel time/costs.

Blog Entries

Nope, not really a movie person.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

My wife and I would go on movie days once or twice a month if there was something to see, but nothing recently. I've been watching the DCAU movies, though.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a cineworld down the road from my flat (literally 10 mins walk) and a cineworld pass. If I'm ever at a loss of what to do I go cinema and watch whatever is on. I like the fact that I can do this and chill for a bit. It's also great for when I'm meeting up with local friends as they too have a pass so we can go, watch a film then have a beer or dinner / back to theirs/mine whilst talking it over.

Yes
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Not a lot recently due to family commitments.

Getting old is a bitch.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I guess, but also not much these days... but I do try to see the best ones. I've watched something like 80% of the top 100 movies of all time according to IMDb. Someday maybe I'll finish off the full 250, I think I'm about half way on that.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Not really anymore. I used to rent a lot of random horror, anime and indie films at whatever the Australian equivalent of Blockbuster was, and maybe only go to the cinema for once or twice a year.

Nowadays I'm more likely to binge TV shows on Netflix than watch movies, but sometimes I do get inspired to re-watch a movie I've always loved. The Departed gets a run at least once a year.

Sitting at 516 watched this year, with Letterboxd my way of keeping track.

I watch way, way too many crappy b-movies.

Hell, most of them don't even qualify as B movies tbh.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    I don't watch a lot of movies. The newest movie I watched was Into The Spiderverse or Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. I watched them about the same time. And that was like a couple years ago and I don't think I've watched any movie since. This was inspired by the "What's a film that you dislike but everyone else seems to love?" topic. I've seen like maybe two of the movies in there people mentioned. I've never seen a single Star War movie. Never seen Godfather or Terminator. Only watch Alien for the first time a few years ago. When I lived with roommates I was a little caught up on the currant movies cause they'd drag me to theaters. But yeah, never been into movies. Always got my media through books or games or series.
    I personally avoid movies because of eye strain. Being on my computer all day and then phone then going back to movies will injure my eyes. That does not justify anything though, I've been watching only regulting.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

That's a hell of a bump. I now watch 2-3 movies each week, with friends online.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Default Movies

Yes, i actually do, also i like anime and some series