Thread: Civilization VI

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Civilization VI

Lately I've been playing a lot of Civilization VI, are there any other players here? The new apocalypse mode is just so much fun to play. There is just so much evil satisfaction of throwing your army into volcanoes and causing meteors to destroy your rivals that just makes me smile.

Also if you play and haven't tried to exploit Kupe on a Terra map you have not lived. So broken and so much fun.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I used to play a big game every Saturday with friends a little over a year ago, but now its just an occasional sporadic thing. I've had some good times with this game.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I put 300+ hours into Civ V, but I barely put 70 into Civ VI. I'll have to give Apocalypse mode a shot.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    Lately I've been playing a lot of Civilization VI, are there any other players here? The new apocalypse mode is just so much fun to play. There is just so much evil satisfaction of throwing your army into volcanoes and causing meteors to destroy your rivals that just makes me smile.

Also if you play and haven't tried to exploit Kupe on a Terra map you have not lived. So broken and so much fun.
    Oh god. i stopped playing after the giant death robot patch. They have new stuff now? Gotto go back and tend to my empire of HATE!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I just have to say that the new updates are really good and I'm really enjoying them. But oh man is Gran Colombia flat out broken for a military game. Having an ability that lasts the entire game is already good, but that +1 movement on all units is just too good.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was a big CIV 5 player, but I can't go back. The addiction is worse than for Total war games.

One more turn...

Blog Entries

I've never played an online game! I play single player a lot though.

Even though I have the physical disc for Civilization VI, I have not played it yet for some reason. This is coming from someone who has played Civilization III, Civilization IV (and its expansions (Beyond the Sword is the best in my opinion), and Civilization V.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I've started playing a regular weekly game of Civ VI with some friends and I'm really enjoying the experience. We haven't started on the newest round of DLC but the Gathering Storm content is super interesting to me: I don't think I've played many games that look at such concepts that aren't explicitly about climate change. Still disappointed the Australian civ / leader is white (Curtin? Really?), though.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I've started playing a regular weekly game of Civ VI with some friends and I'm really enjoying the experience. We haven't started on the newest round of DLC but the Gathering Storm content is super interesting to me: I don't think I've played many games that look at such concepts that aren't explicitly about climate change. Still disappointed the Australian civ / leader is white (Curtin? Really?), though.
    You are going to LOVE apocalypse mode then. It locks the disaster intensity to max and increases the frequency of disasters so one occurs just about every turn. In addition a new unit is available, the soothsayer. Soothsayers have the ability to trigger disasters.

Also there is a new competition called appease the gods that triggers pretty often. To win you need to use your soothsayers to throw your army into volcanoes. If you win you get another soothsayer and they get a promotion.

Finally if climate change maxes out the real fun begins. Comets will fall on a random tile, destroying it, permanently. It can even hit a city and instantly wipe it off the map.

Still managed to get a science victory after triggering the final phase once.

Also smurf John Curtin. At least when it's someone like Montezuma or Alexander near me it makes sense for them to be aggressive, but Curtin just likes to hate you for existing sometimes.