Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default EoFF Democracy

Oh no!

At the latest EoFF staff convention, somebody set us up the bomb and blowed us all to bits. Now our beloved site and forums are without a staff.

The owners have decreed that the members shall nominate and vote from among themselves for those who would replace us. If you were to elect a new staff from the current EoFF members, who would you nominate and why?

Feel free to choose up to 10 nominees and post them here, with your reasoning if you want. Make sure you include at least 1 nomination each for the Editor, Cid's Knight, Developer, and Administrator positions. Every position needs to be filled!

Don't delay! Every minute that goes by without a new staff is a deeper decent into anarchy.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

braaaains zombie says don't let freed have any poweeerrrr it'll be the enddddd off eooofffffff

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I fail to see how this is a negative development.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wait, what? Who died?

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Staff died. All of us. We're dead. Pick new staff

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Democracy? Everyone knows democracies with elected representatives inevitably become plutocracies. The only relevant question is, with Del dead, who makes the most money?

Blog Entries

I nominate me for Cid's Knight.

It'll be a new age.

I'm just saying.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Editor - Probably Ouch! He seems like he'd be really good at reporting news, and a lot of time he's making threads about news before the Editors have gotten around to writing up an article yet.

Cid's Knight
    - Shauna. She's playful and fun, and I don't know anyone who doesn't like her. But I think she'd be able to be serious and impartial when the situation called for it. Miriel. She's really smart and isn't afraid to argue or tell people to shut up. But she's also really nice! I think people would respect her laying down the law. Pete for President. I can see him as a lower forum mod like WK used to be. I've never seen him be rude or argue with anyone, and I think he could resolve issues competently and quickly without much hassle or back-talk. Sephex. Funny and fun. Well-liked. Never has conflict with other members. The Summoner of Leviathan. He would be our EoEO mod. He takes place in a lot of forum debates, but I've often seen him argue the losing side and playing Devil's Advocate, even if it's not his personal opinion. I think this is important so that he can step in when needs be and not get too upset or personal. He'd be able to regulate EoEO discussions without getting emotional about it, and he'd be able to mod people from his own side who are being twats as well as from the side he opposes.

Developer
    - You know, I really do think we have our finest working on this site, and I don't know many people who know much about web development, so I'll go ahead and say Denmark. I'm not even being girlfriend-biased, he's just the only other person I know of on this site who has any experience with that sort of thing.

Admin
    - Calliope. She's honest, fair, and transparent. I don't think she'd have problems inforcing rues, but everyone respects and loves her so much, I think people wouldn't be offended and would be happy to listen when they were acting up. I think she is pretty accepting and has everyone's best interest at heart, so she'd be able to make more of the difficult decisions.

Chat Ops
    - I know this wasn't on the original list, but I added it. Fujiko. She isn't around on the forum much, but she's in chat pretty frequently. She's sweet and kind, but sometimes she goes mama-hen on people and puts them in their place. She already does what a Chat Ops should do, and I wouldn't mind seeing her have the title and the kick/ban button.
    Last edited by Jinx; 11-09-2013 at 02:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

Me DK and Manus. WE WILL RULE ALL

Cid's Knights - Wyllius
    Developer - Wyllius
    Editor - Wyllius
    Admin - Shlupquack, remember when she was an admin?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I see what you're doing here, you lazy butts.

I say we outsource.

I nominate Al Sharpton.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Sephex. Funny and fun. Well-liked. Never has conflict with other members.
    Go to hell.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

This was a hard list to draw up - originally I had wanted it to be comprised entirely of people who have never been on staff, but I couldn't think of enough people to fill all the spots as indicated by current staffing levels, so I added some in. My nominations would change if I could remember specific non-staff to fill those spots (because I presume that former staff are all former for good reason). I'd also shuffle my own nomination depending on if a couple of my CK nominations would be willing to step up. If for some reason you need me to scale down my nominations to ten (given I've listed sixteen), I will, but I just thought it was an interesting exercise to try fill all the roles currently being held.

Admin x 4 – Jiro, Miriel, Sephex, and myself

CK x 5 – Shauna, The Man, Chemical, Quint Eastwood, Jinx

Editor x 5 – krissy, Nicolas, Hypoallergenic Chie, Scotty_ffgamer, Formalhaut

Tech Admin/Developer x 2 (Should be four total) – Spuuky, Denmark

PS - Aww, thanks Sam, that was really sweet of you

Poor eoff. Don't worry, we will try our best to revive you from the ashes and honour the memory of our fallen comrades ;_;
    Last edited by Calliope; 11-09-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Bomb?! Do you have any idea how long it will take to get another girl from the Internet to come live with me!?

I don't think it really matters who's on the ballot either, it's not like elections ever get finished around here anyway.