Thread: Just got this on Steam!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just liked exploring the world and enjoying the friendship of the party. They had great chemistry for the most part. I wish we could have got some more of the world, but yeah. I also really liked the monster designs. Again, I wish we could have got some more monsters, but I liked what we got.

May have to play some more tomorrow. Been playing it again off and on before i sit down to do Episode Ardyn.

It's annoying that they did direct sequels for FFX and FFXIII, neither of which really needed them but didn't do a FFXV-2, which could've been pretty damn good.
    I'd have loved a second game set in the same world that added all of the areas that they didn't get round to finishing in the original. Essentially turning the entire world of Eos into an open-world environment. So you could be driving the streets of Insomnia and take off if your car-airship and then fly all the way over to Tenebrae. I'd absolutely love if they'd managed that. It feels like that's what they wanted originally.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Personally, I feel like XV is a perfect package as is and don’t think a sequel could add anything. I liked the world but I don’t really think it has that much going for it outside this game’s story, since if you do the side content, the lore is covered pretty extensively at different at points. I may have liked to explore more of the other continent, since I imagine that’s what they wanted to do before settling on the train, but tbh that latter half of the game was perfect in terms of pacing and just heightening that sense of despair.

And yeah, I did the monster designs too. Gotta love how pretty much all the daemons are based on classic Amano designs. I think most of them are taken directly from V - hello Garula! I’ll definitely take these designs over the overdesigned crap we had in XIII.

Well yeah but look at FFX and FFXIII. No indication at all that those required sequels. And their sequels were largely unrelated to the original games, except tying the story back in at key parts.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I could never get behind XIIi’s monster designs either. That was the first thing that drew me in from the XV demo though. I was super excited to see more Amano-based designs with the full game.

Looks like this section of the forum needs a new category people. FF16 is here!