Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just got this on Steam!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Will do. I didnt get far into it yesterday.

Also, graphically, my PC seems to have issues with the nvidia turf whatever. The realistic grass. I was sad. Guess this just means I can give my husband an excuse to upgrade my PC

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah I had to go slightly below average for it to run smoothly. But I’m not exactly ambitious when it comes to my PC specs, so as long as I can run it, I’m happy

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You’re making me want to play this again. I’m glad you are enjoying it though. All four members of your party are generally excellent, and I love the banter/relationship between them. It’s also a ton of fun to just explore as you do hunts and such. I also liked just riding around in the car listening to the radio. It all just really captures that road trip/camping trip feel pretty well.

My main issue is with the overall story, I think. I felt a number of moments and characters needed to be fleshed out more. Tabata did a good job, but I feel like he could have used more time on the game. It was really a lose/lost scenario for him though considering the long wait for the game, the super high expectations, and probably having to rush the game a bit. It’s honestly a bit surprising it turned out as good as it did in the end.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Got my first two royal blades yesterday. Had a lot of fun with Cor in the party - it’s interesting how the general tone of the banter changed about him. But yeah, overall Cor is very useful, very handsome, and it’s a shame his time with the party was so short. Though I heard there’s more of him in Episode Gladiolus, so I’m looking forward to that.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I only played the original, before the separate character episode DLC came out. So I'll be interested to see what you think of how they add to the game. I'm not sure I'll go back and replay FFXV with them considering everything else that's piling up on my gaming list, but Ive considered it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I’m still deliberating on how to approach the DLC. Right now I’m thinking of doing episodes Gladiolus and Prompto at the appropriate points in the story, while leaving Comrades, Ignis and Ardyn for later, and then continue with XV’s postgame. But I might still change my mind.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Focused on the main story quest a bit and jumped from chapter 3 to 5. The Titan fight was very cool. Ardyn is really fun to be around, mostly thanks to the voice work. Now I don’t have my car and I’m honestly torn between doing side quests and following the main story. I like the side quests for the most part but I also kinda wanna see what happens next. And then I’m also worried that I’ll just rush through the game too fast if I don’t do more quests. But I guess now that my car is gone, riding around to do quests would be pretty hard. Chocobos are fast but not Regalia-fast.

Oh yeah I’ve also upgraded my Engine Blade twice now and it’s pretty powerful now.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, you should explore more with the Chocobos. There are quite a few optional dungeons and quest locations that are more accessible by chocobo than Regalia.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I ended up not listening to your advice but that’s really only because I played a bit more before reading if But now I’m at chapter 6, so I should be able to do some side questing now

One of the strangest experiences I've ever had with a game. I got it at launch and played a decent amount for the first week or so it was out, then got stuck and busy and didn't touch it again until this May after I finished VIIR. Started fresh and boy did I have a love/hate experience. I would pay good money to watch or read a documentary on the trials and tribulations and drama of making this game, that's for sure.
    Currently playing FFV
    On deck FFVIII (replay)
    Recently finished FFXII: Zodiac Age, VII (replay), XV, VIIR

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Got all the way to chapter 8. Did Episode Gladiolus shortly after getting him back on my party. Was nice to know what happened but overall I’m mixed on the episode. It has easily the worst incarnation of Gilgamesh in the entire series, with the worst version of Clash on the Big Bridge to go with it, and it’s really short. Like I don’t care because the Windows version comes with all the DLCs, but I can’t imagine paying for this as a story DLC. Gladdy’s story here overall isn’t that compelling either, but I still like him as a character and if was cool to play as him. He also played quite different to Noctis, which was a nice change of pace. In general this felt much less like an RPG and far more like a character action game, if one that’s a bit barebones. The area you visit was very pretty though and I absolutely loved having Cor in my party throughout and learning more about his backstory. That was easily the best part of the DLC.

Now i just need to beat the Score Trial mode to unlock shirtless Gladio

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ok so I got my boat for Altissia ready to set sail. I know the game is about to get extra linear and I know I can come back to the open world later anyway, but it kind of still feels appropriate to do a lot of stuff first? Like I’m still missing four royal arms and three are in the open world, I’ve got quite a lot of quests started and look at all those hunts i haven’t done yet - I’m still just a rank 3 hunter!

So yeah I’m stuck in side quest hell/heaven (depending on your point of view).

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ah man, I know that feeling, but honestly, Altissia is probably my favorite part of the game.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I pretty much cleared out all the side quests I could before moving on. But I'd spent a lot of time messing about doing the side quests instead of progressing with the story so I may have had significantly less.

I also clear pretty much all the sidequests I could before leaving for Altissia, but yeah, Altissia is probably my favorite part of the game too. It's just so great!