Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Please give a warm applause to the new owner of Eyes on Final Fantasy...

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Miriel, I think it was you who sent me some cookies when I first moved to California and they were so good I still remember them from time to time.

Sous Chef actually Halifax Housewife's Avatar

Wow. Forgot about this place. I think the last time I was on here was a good twelve years ago. Not sure why my name is Halifax Housewife now.. (this is Cheffie, the kid who had one hell of a lot of growing up to do).

Glad these forums are still around. I hope you all are doing swell. Congrats Murder.

Be free.

Glad to see the site is in new good hands!

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

It has been a very long time. Sad to see BoB step down after being at the forefront for so long, but glad that the site is still in good hands.

Blog Entries

I have enjoyed seeing all the old names in this passing of a torch, and it reminds me that this site was a fun place years ago.

The king is dead, long live the king!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Congrats, Del. I'm glad to see the lights being kept on and all the old timers coming out for this thread.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

And thus ends the Thunderdome saga between Del and The Walrus. Who knew that instead of attempting a hostile takeover, the real way to win was just by asking nicely. I may have sided with Psychotic, but i imagine EoFF couldn’t be in better hands for this new era.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Wow, that email was a blast from the past. Happy to see so many familiar people in this thread.
    Figaro Castle

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

First of all, we all owe Loony BoB/Daniel a big thank you for everything he has done for the site over the years. No one has meant more to EoFF than he has, particularly in the last few years as he has kept this place afloat at a (nontrivial) cost to himself. The emails and the returning members are just as much a tribute to his service to the site over the last 20 years.

When BoB bought the site so many years ago I figured the place had it's last owner. It just felt right for him to have it. So I was very surprised to come to Eyeson one evening and see he was thinking of shutting down. After I read through his reasons I completely understood and respected where he was coming from, but I wasn't ready to let the site go just yet. EoFF gave me so many great laughs and friends and fun, and most importantly, it gave me my family. I owe everything to this little FF fansite. I thought if I could keep it going for a while longer and while people still valued the site, I owed EoFF that much. Who knows, maybe there's one more family out there to be created by these special forums.

I don't know if I come into this with any grand plans or schemes (April Fools! I'm selling the site to Facebook!), but there are a few things I will commit to. One is to keep the site 100% ad-free and member owned, which has not always been the case, but was certainly true of BoB's time. The second is to retain the shared history of EoFF we all have, as I think that nostalgia of coming back after 1 month or 10 years (or even being a new member) to something familiar and outside the sphere of the modern internet is a big part of what makes this place great. To that end, if you have any ideas on how to spruce up the old place, then I'd love to hear them. I'm a pretty open-minded person.

It's been great to see all these returning people, even if it is just one post and then back to your lives. I do hope some of you stick around and hang for a bit. I also appreciate all the support and confidence that the site is in good hands. Though really, until I hear from The Man, it just doesn't feel complete...

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Hi, I was just notified via email that my husband is the new owner of this website. He was meant to be buying some strawberry glazed donuts.
    But with the leftover money I also got these magic beans!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I thought this thread was about warm applesauce and now I am deeply disappointed.

I DO WHAT I WANT. YOU HAVE PROBLEM?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Quina View Post
    I thought this thread was about warm applesauce and now I am deeply disappointed.
    Now this thread is complete!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Hiiiii

I'm happy someone is keeping it alive
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I would like to put sincere thanks on record to Daniel for stepping in and taking over the site when he did, enabling our community to continue. That hasn't come without a financial or a personal cost and it's both acknowledged and appreciated. Happy "retirement", if you want to call it that!

As for Del, well, just when you thought you were out of the game. You thought you could have a life, settle down with a family, leave all of that staff business in the rear view mirror. Well,

Congrats to all the winners.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Though really, until I hear from The Man, it just doesn't feel complete...

Unfortunately, I think this cookie monster emoji will have to suffice.