View Poll Results: Give Quina warm applesauce?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 15.38%
  • Yes in Red

11 84.62%

Thread: Please give warm applesauce to Quina

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Nom nom nom Please give warm applesauce to Quina

What foods have you been eating/making lately? I made a egg based carbonara for dinner and it was really good and so easy to make.

I recently made pancakes from scratch. This is a big deal since I usually just do the eating.

(And thank you qwertysaurus you were always my favorite.)

I DO WHAT I WANT. YOU HAVE PROBLEM?

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I usually made a mess of the kitchen when i tried to make something.

Blog Entries

Finding no other way to combine the leftovers we had in the fridge, my wife and I had tacos last night, but with pan-fried roti instead of taco shells.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

HelloFresh has been a wonder lately in that I neither have to conceive of recipes, buy ingredients, nor worry about being bored by the same meals.

I do like cooking nice meals though. But putting them together is kinda a pain for an average weeknight.

By the way, how many other people started baking bread after lockdown?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I was so upset when everyone started hoarding flour and I couldn't bake cookies for a couple of weeks.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

oatmeal with honey and cinnamon

I've been trying to perfect a method of microwaving eggs for sandwiches. I've incorporated cheese and meats and flavored with spicy Mrs Dash on garlic toast. I try to see how long I can last on an egg omelette (du fromage) sandwich in the morning

FFXIV Character

Light Sprit (Cerberus)

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    I've been trying to perfect a method of microwaving eggs for sandwiches. I've incorporated cheese and meats and flavored with spicy Mrs Dash on garlic toast. I try to see how long I can last on an egg omelette (du fromage) sandwich in the morning
    if you ever try a fried egg in a microwave (however that naming terminology works!) always remember to pierce the yolk... or else you will literally be cooking an egg grenade without the pin, excited to explode at random!

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Starlife View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    if you ever try a fried egg in a microwave (however that naming terminology works!) always remember to pierce the yolk... or else you will literally be cooking an egg grenade without the pin, excited to explode at random!
    Microwaved scrambled eggs are quick, easy and explosion-free. I often have them on toast with cheese, pickles or hot sauce for lunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    What foods have you been eating/making lately? I made a egg based carbonara for dinner and it was really good and so easy to make.
    I'm very interested in this egg-based carbonara, and I'd love to hear more.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    I'm very interested in this egg-based carbonara, and I'd love to hear more.
    The amounts I am using assumes for 16 oz of pasta and serves 4 people.

in a skillet, heat up about 3 tablespoons of olive oil with 2 cloves of garlic. When it's nice and hot, remove the garlic and add 3 chopped strips of bacon. You can also use pancetta, and cook until nice and crispy.

Cook to al dente your favorite pasta. I like bucatini for carbonara personally.

In a large bowl crack 3 large eggs and beat them. Add to that a 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese and mix well. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Be careful on adding salt though because the cheese is also salty. I recommend not adding salt your first time to get a feel of how it tastes

When the pasta is done, drain it and immediately add it to your egg and cheese and mix it well. A pair of tongs is best for this if you are using a long pasta. The heat from the pasta will cook the egg. Make sure you are quick, and keep mixing it until the eggs are cooked and your sauce comes together.

add your bacon and enjoy. You can add extra cheese if you want.

notes: You can simply fry your bacon in a pan if you don't want to use the oil. On occasions when I want to be really naughty, I'll add an extra egg yolk and the oil from frying the bacon as well.

Metric quantity conversions for non Americans
    pasta = I think dry pasta comes in 500g packages, so use one of those
    parmigiano-reggiano cheese = 90g + extra for serving
    large eggs are pretty much the same worldwide
    oil = about 40g. It should be enough to coat the pan and cook the bacon.