Thread: ultimate materia loadouts

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default ultimate materia loadouts

huge fan on prayer on two characters and elemental + lightning/fire/ice/wind weapons set up for specific enemies
    i need more time with parry tbh

what do you like using on hard? (you don't need to worry about this on normal as far as im concerned)

Blog Entries

I'm only part way through my Hard mode playthrough, but Deadly Dodge + HP Absorption is good stuff.

I should play around more with Parry as well. I think the healing factor is better with HP Absorption.

All + Curaga. Or whatever they renamed "All" to in this, I can't remember

Articles
    Blog Entries

Magnify! that's a good one. i've also magnified wall etc. never really bothered to magnify an attack spell because there's never THAT many plural/high number enemies that aren't defeatable with just normal skills

i really tried to get into roll attack + hp absord cause people love it, but i havent' been able to... i either forget to do it and it's not useful or i strafe around too much and it doesnt give me enough hp back

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    Magnify! that's a good one. i've also magnified wall etc. never really bothered to magnify an attack spell because there's never THAT many plural/high number enemies that aren't defeatable with just normal skills
    Magnify + Thundaga I found to be really helpful when I was grinding through some of those combat simulator levels against various robots. That was mostly just cos it sped things up though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

that's a good idea, i'll try it when wiping the virtual mobs

i finished hard mode last night, and a lot of it came down to keeping limits until specific parts of the battles

(SPOILER)

for example for whisper bahamut, you want to kill it before it has a chance to do anything, so i used the limits then and had aerith go all out on magic, and easy peasy

and final stage of sephiroth, you want a limit available, otherwise he will wipe the floor with you.

but this was all after dying a couple of times ahaha

it was a fresh experience for me cause i usually i get aerith first with the sephy battle, but this time tifa came in first. don't really get the rules for this, i guess it has to do with how the whispers battle goes, but it's interesting cause you have to change your strategy based on what either of them have in terms of materia.