Thread: PSP version question

Default PSP version question

So I am currently almost to the endgame area of FFIII (about to enter the crystal tower/Eureka for the first time). I am on a PSP-2000, and this has created a bit of difficulty for me because not many people have written good, thorough walkthroughs for the PSP port. Of course, it's basically the DS port, so I've just been referencing a really great DS walkthrough when I need it (Seferaga's Perfect Game FFIII DS guide). However my question is this: In DS, Mognet was a requirement for most side quests. What I cannot find anywhere is: How does Mognet work in the PSP version? In this version, you actually cannot send letters (to Sara, Alus, etc, needed in DS to complete sidequests). You can only READ letters. So does anybody know how to complete the sidequests in the PSP version? Maybe I can just do them no prob, after, for example, opening Eureka or something. When I am truly at endgame I will try, but does anybody actually know this?

Thanks for any knowledge!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You still unlock the quests by receiving the letters, what's changed is that in order to receive the last letters for the quests, you need to change who your lead party member is. Most of the letters should be available after you acquire the fourth crystal.

Letter - Party Leader ~ Any other special condition

• Topapa - Luneth ~ Onion Knight quest after fourth letter.
    • Takka - Refia ~ Need to go to Eureka to get his fifth letter to unlock the Ultima Weapon quest
    • Sara - Ignus ~ Ultima Weapon sidequest
    • Cid ~ Must meet the Legendary Smith to get his final letter for the Ultima Weapon sidequest
    • Four Old Men ~ Defeat the summons Leviathan, Odin, and Bahamut as well as collect all the treasure in the Sunken Cave to get all their letters and open the ??? Dungeon
    • Alus - Arc ~ To get his final letter, you have to reach Job Lv. 99 for a class and have their Master Item created by the legendary smith. Needed for ??? Dungeon

I had the same problem, thank you for your answer.

Just realized I never thanked you for this Wolf! Much appreciated, all worked great. FFIII was overall a good game but, at least on this port, the final dungeon was way easier, shorter, and straightforward than that gorgeous (for NES) and intimidating one of FFII!
    Current: Final Fantasy VI (finally!)

Completed: Final Fantasy, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFIV Interlude, FFIV The After Years,
    FFV, Secret of Mana, FFVII, FFX

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm always up to help with FFIII. I feel its one of the more underappreciated entries so I'm always happy to see people checking it out. I'm also partial to the NES original version of the final dungeon as well.