Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 will be the the year of Shin Megami Tensei

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

New trailer showing off more scenes and the Japanese VA.

I still love the art direction of this game.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Finally pre-ordered Nocturne HD today. Went with PS4 version because I want to savor this game and see it on the big screen. I have a switch lite. Course, of it ever goes one sale for cheap I may pick it up for the switch as well. I mean it is one of my top ten favoirte games for a reason.

I've been listening to a lot of bitching and whining about this game from the online community. Mostly about the cash grab nature of part of it, but frankly, I feel these people are ignoring how Atlus has handles DLC in the past and should know better that they know where to screw you for your money. Still miffed at the DLC for P5 and SMTIVA. But SMTIII is a masterpiece in my mind, so I'm willing to drop a full game price for an HD release, even if the game hardly needed it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

MegaTen is just one of those series that attracts an incredibly toxic fan base. Going on their subreddit almost feels like wading in 4chan.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Got a new trailer as we get closer to the release of SMT III HD. Gives us a good chance to listen to the English dub as well. Still not sure how I feel about it.

Reason Trailer

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Got my copy of Nocturne the other day. Opted for the PS4 because I just like the idea of playing the game on a big screen more. I'm still knee deep into SaGa Scarlet Graces, so it may be a hot minute to get around to playing it.

Sadly, I'm starting to think it's very likely that SMTV is getting pushed back to next year due to how quiet Atlus has been. I figured the team would have said something by now about how the game is coming along. I'm sure the simultaneous world release is part of the issue.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

They actually accidentally updated the website a few days ago saying it's being released in November, but then took that information down again: https://personacentral.com/shin-mega...-details-leak/

Of course it could be outdated info and/or it could still be delayed, but we'll probably know more after E3 week

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah I just saw that today funny enough.

I have a very mixed feelings relationship with Atlus. I appreciate their games, but they were very niche while I was collecting and not a lot of their more obscure stuff jived with me. Then I got into the Persona games and they attacked youtubers and released the same game two times at full price on the same console. Fortunately I wasn't around when they did that on the PS2 with Persona 3. They lost a super amount of respect from me when they did it on the PS4. But I don't pretend to be a fan and I don't go on their forum to whine about it. So that's ... unhealthy. But as someone who is critical of Atlus, I can see where that opinion comes from

I do appreciate that I can play an old game on a newer console. It's probably too much to hope that they do something similar with Persona 2

As far as SMT5 I feel like they've always been an excessively quiet studio. I was super hyped about the Fire Emblem and Persona cross-over except they never said anything about it after announcing it, and then waited until the last minute to admit they changed the name and deviated from the idea substantially. I was still going to get it if I ever got a WiiU but there was very little reason to drop money on a console with just maybe two games to try. So I never did. Pretty happy it came to the Switch, but I've yet to acquire one of those myself. Girlfriend has one, but I know better than to get into a game on someone else's console. Usually leads to complications when something releases that we both want. So I just do without

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Whine a little bit and you get some results. November release date and they actually showed some gameplay. Core battle system seems to be unchanged though it looks like we're doing a slight redo of the Demi-Fiend scenario since it looks like they dropped guns again and the main hero gets a transformation form. I imagine with what the announcement trailer showed that our hero is going to be a Law equivalent to the Demi-Fiend which is not a bad idea. We haven't had a more Law focused entry since the OG Devil Survivor *shudders* but so far the game is looking interesting and I'm glad it looks like it's up and running.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just found a kickass new trailer for the game as well.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That trailer is a pretty good trailer. The game looks very fun.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Apparently Fusion now requires going all evil villain trope.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So the game comes out in two weeks, who is excited and who is picking this up?

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Already ordered it, definitely looking forward to playing it. I've been tempted to play Apocalypse, but held off because playing two SMT games in a row tends to burn me out on it a bit, wouldn't want that to happen in the middle of SMT V

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Too close to Endwalker launch, but once I've fully explored the new content and have settled back into the weekly FFXIV routine I will be picking this up.