Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Default Part 2 is now in Full Development

Final Fantasy VII Remake‘s second installment has entered full development, according to a staff interview published by Famitsu this week.

The magazine spoke with several key members on the development team including director Tetsuya Nomura. Here’s what he had to say when asked about the release timing for the next entry in the project:

“We know that everyone wants the next installment quickly. We would also like to deliver it as soon as possible. Since we were also able to see the line of quality from the first installment, we hope to make the next installment even better in quality that can make for an even better experience. We would like to get it out as soon as possible, so please wait for it. I think we can clearly convey the direction when we officially announce the next installment.”

Producer Yoshinori Kitase notes, “The new story of Final Fantasy VII has only just begun.”

Other bits found in the 15 page spread note that (minor spoilers) the new character Roche was meant to appear at some point in chapter 14 to do battle. According to co-director Motomu Toriyama, this character has a high chance of reappearing in the next installment.

Additionally, parts like the Madam M massage scene weren’t allowed to go any further in order to keep the rating, and AVALANCHE’s hideout wasn’t added to show that Cloud didn’t have a close relationship with them yet.
    Sauce: https://novacrystallis.com/2020/07/f...l-development/

I'm hopeful for a 2022-2023 release date with 2023 being more likely given everything going on in the world right now, given that some of the assets can be re-used - and on the precedent of the FFXIII trilogy installments came out 2-3 years after each other.

A little confused why it wasn't considered in full development prior to this? I figured they would just keep on trucking as soon as they finished the first part. But I wouldn't argue that they didn't deserve a vacation if that's what they did. They certainly earned it. Or if they just held off to get their head around the Covid scene, that makes sense

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

reckon most people are involved in multiple projects and the timeline for this one isn't as pressing as other ones
    i dunno
    like i guess it technically just came out so there's no rush
    but the ff13 timeline would be cool. hopefully it's just two more games at most and i say that as a big metal fan

Glad to hear it. Would've been a bit worrying if it wasn't, given that it's leading directly on from the first, so it's not like they need to do much extra planning and recruitment.

Interesting to see they also confirmed they could see the whispers because of touching Aerith. So that must have been something Cloud passed on to the others then, because Tifa and Barret hadn't touched Aerith at that point.

That opens up the possibility that Aerith already understood what was happening from the very beginning, and deliberately passed on that power to Cloud and the others, because she thought it would be better if they could see them?
    Last edited by JJ Strife; 07-21-2020 at 05:03 PM.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

(SPOILER) does rufus see them because he and cloud had that fight on the roof then? interesting

she definitely seems to know a lot more than she's letting on this time around... her and red xiii seem to have deeper knowledge that's not exactly given
    and like aerith usually knows when someone returns to the planet fairly quickly... zack/ilfana's husband etc.
    maybe it's an extension of that power

ahaha i was about to ask how jessie etc could see them but jessie for sure got cloud touches in asap after they got back to 7th heaven

Surely we dont still need to use spoiler tags do we? I mean anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled, should probably be avoiding an FF7 Remake forum.

And yes, I think that's why Rufus could see them but Tseung couldn't. Which suggests that Rude and Reno can probably see them too. So I'm guessing when Elena appears in part 2, she won't be able to see them.

Meh...I'm sure there's going to be tons of plot holes from whatever explanation they give for seeing/not seeing them, which I won't care to explore, because the Whispers are bad and the less I see of them, the better.

I would be fine with them not appearing again. Which might happen, given that they were technically destroyed.

But they're obviously not done with the timeline stuff, because Zack's obviously gonna be in the next part in some way. I just seriously hope it remains separate timelines. I really don't want them going back and force between different universes. I don't need silly metaphysics in this game at all.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I imagine the Whispers will continue to return. Somehow beating cosmic time warping phantoms by punching them really hard in the face doesn't sound right. Not to mention it would be really weak of them to introduce such a controversial element into the games and not run with the idea. Course I'm firmly in the camp of the Remake being a stealth VII-2.

I'm not offended, but for the record. I was here to discuss the development of the second game, and I got here by using "New Posts", not by navigating into the forum of a game I haven't finished. The home link just says "Final Fantasy VII" not "Remake". So I didn't come in expecting spoilers. In fact, I kind of assumed this was posted in the original FF7 forum for that reason

Edit: Wow, only now realizing there isn't a space for remake-only discussion. Shows how often I use the front of the forum. Didn't there used to be a sub-forum? Did they merge it at some random point when I wasn't paying attention?

“The new story of Final Fantasy VII has only just begun.”

Thought so. Just going to say here if it's not broken you shouldn't try to fix it.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Strife View Post
    Surely we dont still need to use spoiler tags do we? I mean anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled, should probably be avoiding an FF7 Remake forum.
    Yes please. I do understand what you're saying, but someone who has just started playing it might be looking around for tips and info too! Better safe than sorry.

Not sure why someone would look for tips under "Part 2 is now in Full Development," but noted.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

That was more of a general principle for the subforum than for this specific thread, which was covered by "and info too".

Pretty excited to hear about this. Hopefully, it'll come out soon enough for me to play it.
    "The Real Folk Blues" by Seatbelts ft. Mai Yamane