Thread: hardest trophies (spoilers)

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default hardest trophies (spoilers)

for sure it was pride & joy for me

but it was rewarding to be done with it

also the dresses one but they've updated I think and it pops as soon as you've seen all of them thankfully so you don't have to do the entire chapter to the end if you've messed up selection with tifa multiple times like I did

I don't really understand how thing like the dress selection work with chapter select which is among the reasons I haven't even attempted to do it. So Tifa's dress selection is made based on a choice in an earlier chapter so how.does that work? You play through the earlier chapter and every time you do it saves the most recent choice for the next time you select chapter 9? The whole idea of having chapter select rather than new game plus is convenient in theory but confusing in regards to how it's actually executed.

Articles
    Blog Entries

that's correct for tifa. you have to do all the mission in ch3, get the choice in the dialog by going back to the inn, then finish the chapter to save the choice. the most recent way you did ch3 will affect the next ch9 dress selection for tifa.

for aerith, it's the number of missions you do in ch8 (0, 3, 6 for dress quality respectively) and you still have to finish the chapter.

for cloud, you have two dresses depending on who will be your "mission provider" (either choco Sam or mdme what's her name), and you have to do them all, or do no missions and just return directly for aerith/jonny event.

it did get annoying to try and get all 9, esp cause I forgot what dress tifa had already had... had to redo ch3 3 times. if you don't trigger the decision dialog by doing all the ch3 missions she will have the mature dress, and I initially picked that one like a sucker.

So basically you've got to play through three chapters at least 3 times and hope you don't mess up and see the same dress twice.

Articles
    Blog Entries

lol yup, it's annoying especially for the walking parts you can't skip, but if you plan it right it would only need two extra plays on top of the play through you already did. I did it in a morning, but I never want to do the robot arm thing again. anyway I think they're better guides online if you ever want to do it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I’m halfway through my hard playthrough now. Just approaching the Hell House fight so I’ve given up for now. No idea about the dresses one. It’s a pretty poorly designed trophy if you ask me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

for sure it is. theoretically you should be able to get it 2/3s done in the hard run and then just mop it up with one set of 3/8/9 chapter jumping.

and i was dreading that fight on hard! but it ended up being a lot easier than i expected because your characters are set up way better/you have improved skills. i think i still died to it once, but that's better than the 3 or 4 times i died the first time i fought it on normal. the house really ramps up the expectations for how you play the battle system.