Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite NPC

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Your favorite NPC

What it says on the tin, who is your favorite NPC of any FF game. I'm talking really minor characters, not story relevant.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lone Wolf the Pickpocket I guess? I love how he first appears in V and seems random at first but then you see there’s an entire race of him in Galuf’s world. But then he shows up in FFVI and has no such excuse because the only other furries are Umaro and the Moogles, so what is he??

Definitely not Jidoor guy. I hate that smurfer. I like that historian guy in FFX. I'm not necessarily saying he's my favorite,but there are literally hundreds of characters to consider and If.I wait until I'm sure I'll forget the thread. Also, Bugenhagen. And do enemies count as NPCs? A question to consider.... we should do some kind of tournament so I have time to properly process this decision.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not counting villains for this one.

The stay away from the summoner grandma in Besaid.

Currently, I'd probably go for Chadley if that counts. But if I was going back a bit, Biggs and Wedge from VIII (if you don't count them as villains). Though I agree with the 'stay away from the summoner' lady from X - made me chuckle.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

They’re not villains. They’re like tertiary antagonists at best. Mostly comic relief.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

CHOCOBOCOLIIIIIIIIINAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~

No it's got to be the guy who follows you around creepily laughing in the desert prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    They’re not villains. They’re like tertiary antagonists at best. Mostly comic relief.
    Well the question I asked was about whether enemies counted. WK said no villains, but I kind of assumed meant anyone you fight. The answer is ambiguous though.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Didn't stay away from the summoner lady get voted one of the top characters here at one point?

Or was it the kid who wanted to be a blitzball?

I always wondered if that was a mistake or an intentional "kids say the darndest things" moment.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    Didn't stay away from the summoner lady get voted one of the top characters here at one point?

Or was it the kid who wanted to be a blitzball?
    This is EoFF. It was probably both.

Non-story relevant is a bit of an ask. Johnny in FF7 Remake was pretty funny. He was in the original too, but had less personality.

Now if you asked story-related NPCs, then things get more interesting. I'd have to go with Beatrix in FF9. My only 2 criticisms of FF9 as a game (because it's very close to perfect), are 1) the card game sucks and is pointless, and 2) Beatrix should've been the final character instead of Amarant.

Beatrix is a PC,so she doesn't count, story or not.

Boco

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    CHOCOBOCOLIIIIIIIIINAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~
    Chocolina actually really grew on me. I hated her the first time I played XIII-2, but I actually kind of appreciate her now. Her backstory with Sazh is super weird, but it's still kind of cute.

Umm, does Hildibrand Manderville from FFXIV count? I know he's technically the star of an entire questline, but he's like if the words "not story relevant" became a person. He's really funny, though.

I also really like Vyv Dorden, the photographer in FFXV. He's just a nice guy. He seems like someone I'd enjoy hanging out with, which is pretty rare with all the weirdos (see above) that tend to populate these games. I'm gonna say he's my favorite.
    Playing Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood

Final Fantasy Games Completed

II, IV, VI, VII, X, X-2, XII, XIII, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, XV, Type-0