When you are playing a narrative driven game do you prefer a branching story where there are lots of ways it could go based on the decisions you make during the game or do you like stories where for the most part everything plays out just one way?

I just watched a playthrough of Detroit Become Human. Pretty decent story to go through though it definitely does have a lot of head scratching moments (major one is that the game is only supposed to take place in 2038 yet they have robots that run around acting virtually identical to people (we would probably be a couple/few hundred years away from that and not just twenty)). But I can see why they didn't want to set the game too far into the future as they would still want the players to be able to identify with the world. So whatever.

When I finished viewing the playthrough though I found out that there were like a hundred different ways the game could have ended. Kind of took a bit out of the ending I saw when I found out there were so many other ways it could have finished up.

So when you play narrative driven games do you like branching storylines like that or do you prefer one of those games where you pretty much only have one story to follow?