Thread: The Last Jedi... I still don't think it was good

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Rise of Skywalker suffered from the fact that it concluded a story that never convinced us why it should be told.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Rise of Skywalker suffered from the fact that it concluded a story that never convinced us why it should be told.
    And I mean it also happened to be really poorly written, poorly paced, poorly directed, and amounted to not much more than really bad fan fiction. None of that helped it. Still probably the worst movie I've ever seen.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

worst movie you've ever seen?

y'all are acting like tros reached the dark knight rises level of garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

The Dark Knight Rises is a bad movie, but TROS is definitely much worse, still.

Both of them are far from being the worst movie I have ever seen, though. TDKR isn't even the worst movie I have seen with Batman in it! That would be Batman v Superman, which actually IS in my top 5 worst movies I have personally seen to completion.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

oops, my bad

i just meant the dark knight

so sorry

but that movie is really smurfing bad, miss me fam

It's hard for me to say which was worse. A full half of TLJ we just boring and also had some cringeworthy stuff. ROS isn't as easily dividable into boring and entertaining arcs, but it has some of the most cringeworthy plot ideas and moments of any Stat Wars movie. That said, they are both better than Attack of the Clones which was at least 90% boring and also had some of the most cringeworthy dialogue ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    It's hard for me to say which was worse. A full half of TLJ we just boring and also had some cringeworthy stuff. ROS isn't as easily dividable into boring and entertaining arcs, but it has some of the most cringeworthy plot ideas and moments of any Stat Wars movie. That said, they are both better than Attack of the Clones which was at least 90% boring and also had some of the most cringeworthy dialogue ever.
    Maybe you haven't been paying attention but it's now in style to pretend the prequels aren't absolute trash by simply wishing hard enough that they weren't and reminiscing about how the time when they came out was better than now

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    Maybe you haven't been paying attention but it's now in style to pretend the prequels aren't absolute trash by simply wishing hard enough that they weren't and reminiscing about how the time when they came out was better than now
    Eh, it's honestly just that they're highly memeable and Ewan McGregor is a treasure as Obi-Wan.

To be fair, I don't think the prequels as a whole were as bad as they were typically made out to be at the time. I just think Attack of the Clones, specifically, was even worse than it was made out to be at the time.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I just think Attack of the Clones, specifically, was even worse than it was made out to be at the time.
    Ah, my favorite Star Wars movie.

Always good to see it making the rounds.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

To be fair, I don't think the prequels as a whole were as bad as they were typically made out to be at the time. I just think Attack of the Clones, specifically, was even worse than it was made out to be at the time.
    Agreed. Attack of the Clones felt the least fun but honestly, I still look back on the sequels pretty fondly. Are they good movies? Not really. But they’re also not the travesty people make them out to be and I think the most disappointing part of the sequel trilogy is that it kind of tries to pretend like the prequels never happened. Which is a shame because I think they had a ton of interesting stuff lore-wise

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I got mixed feelings for it but the rise of skywalker really takes the cake. I was like