And we're back! Feels kinda like we never left with Champions league just finishing up less than 3 weeks ago at this point but soccer/futbol season is here and it's time for the annual predictions.

After the high, then suspended angst and ultimate triumph of Liverpool "last" year, it still seems like the feeling hasn't sunk in yet. I admit, without fans, something was certainly missing and that's why I predict that they repeat this year. Not just because of the fans but because this squad feels like it's on a last hurrah kind of quest. With very little transfer activity to speak of so far, Klopp is banking on everyone who is here knowing their role and executing it. Salah clearly looks like a man on a mission so far this season and while I do have some concerns about the midfield, I still think Liverpool remains the team to beat before a lot of things change next off season. It could also be a last push of sorts for City and Pep though I feel like they still feel a player short up front and defense.

Behind them, I have been impressed with Arsenal so far and am very curious what the like of Chelsea and the Manchesters will do. I actually have a higher feeling about United than City though that can all change if they buy a couple big players before October. So much remains in flux!

Without further adieu, here are my table predictions:

Liverpool
United
City
Chelsea
Arsenal
Wolves
Leicester
Everton
Spurs
Leeds
Southampton
Newcastle
Sheffield
Brighton
Crystal Palace
Burnley
West Ham
Aston Villa
Fulham
West Brom

Champions League: Feels more wide open than in the past with Messi's last stand, possibly Pep's at City and PSG really needing to show they belong in the elites this year. Feels boring to say Bayern Munich again so I'll wait to see what the Champions league group draw is before making a pick here.

FA Cup: Arsenal - Feels like the annual rite of passage at this point.

Player of the Year: Mo Salah

First Manager Sacked: My head and heart say Jose gets fed up and leaves, but probably Scott Parker.

Take care all.