0 0%
  • Fulham

0 0%
  • West Brom

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: this is now a Euros thread

Default this is now a Euros thread

And we're back! Feels kinda like we never left with Champions league just finishing up less than 3 weeks ago at this point but soccer/futbol season is here and it's time for the annual predictions.

After the high, then suspended angst and ultimate triumph of Liverpool "last" year, it still seems like the feeling hasn't sunk in yet. I admit, without fans, something was certainly missing and that's why I predict that they repeat this year. Not just because of the fans but because this squad feels like it's on a last hurrah kind of quest. With very little transfer activity to speak of so far, Klopp is banking on everyone who is here knowing their role and executing it. Salah clearly looks like a man on a mission so far this season and while I do have some concerns about the midfield, I still think Liverpool remains the team to beat before a lot of things change next off season. It could also be a last push of sorts for City and Pep though I feel like they still feel a player short up front and defense.

Behind them, I have been impressed with Arsenal so far and am very curious what the like of Chelsea and the Manchesters will do. I actually have a higher feeling about United than City though that can all change if they buy a couple big players before October. So much remains in flux!

Without further adieu, here are my table predictions:

Liverpool
    United
    City
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Wolves
    Leicester
    Everton
    Spurs
    Leeds
    Southampton
    Newcastle
    Sheffield
    Brighton
    Crystal Palace
    Burnley
    West Ham
    Aston Villa
    Fulham
    West Brom

Champions League: Feels more wide open than in the past with Messi's last stand, possibly Pep's at City and PSG really needing to show they belong in the elites this year. Feels boring to say Bayern Munich again so I'll wait to see what the Champions league group draw is before making a pick here.

FA Cup: Arsenal - Feels like the annual rite of passage at this point.

Player of the Year: Mo Salah

First Manager Sacked: My head and heart say Jose gets fed up and leaves, but probably Scott Parker.

Take care all.

Leeds to Europe

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I can’t see past a Man City title win given their squad depth.

Given that everyone else is tipping Leeds for good things, I’m tipping them for a relegation battle. They’ll have a good start to the season but will slowly start to slide down the table in January. That initial run of points will keep them clear from whichever of Villa or West Ham has a bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I can’t see past a Man City title win given their squad depth.

Given that everyone else is tipping Leeds for good things, I’m tipping them for a relegation battle. They’ll have a good start to the season but will slowly start to slide down the table in January. That initial run of points will keep them clear from whichever of Villa or West Ham has a bounce.
    As presently built, I still think City need another striker since Aguero has gotten hurt a lot lately, is probably past his prime and they need to pull the trigger on a top central defender. They have an insane amount of midfield and winger depth and obviously, the money to buy, but those are the two holes I think need to be filled before I think they run away with anything.

Take care all.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

So I did a title predictor on social media before the season and I predicted strong season's for Arsenal and Leeds. My top four was City, Liverpool, United, & Arsenal. I also wouldn't be surprised with Liverpool finishing below first or second with a drop in form, though with Thiago on board that's bound to give them a lift. It's all very hard to predict though this season with many teams looking strong. Bale coming back would be great to watch. James to Everton? On paper everything looks so well set up!

I also believe United will sign Sancho eventually before deadline, even if the Glazers are grabbing every inch of revenue they possibly can from the club.

Oh and relegation I put in West Brom, Fulham, and Palace. Looks like Palace are pretty solid again though.

Str8 Pimpin'

How did Manchester United do today? I missed the match.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

oh man, we played rubbish in that game, but I don't often say this: We were robbed by the ref regardless, at least of a point if not a win. I couldn't believe that VAR didn't cancel that first goal. Blew my mind. Disallowing our goal for a weaker offence was mind boggling.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    oh man, we played rubbish in that game, but I don't often say this: We were robbed by the ref regardless, at least of a point if not a win. I couldn't believe that VAR didn't cancel that first goal. Blew my mind. Disallowing our goal for a weaker offence was mind boggling.
    welcome to my world

This still makes me feel sick.

This one was when I just accepted fate.

Should be top of the league but VAR went balls deep and now we're just 4th place trophy Centre Back hobos. Can we have Phil Jones please

VAR is generally good but the way it interacts with millimeters of someone's shoulder being possibly beyond a defender is very bad. I think that they need to figure out a way to say "if it's THAT close, it's fine" but I'm not sure what that rule wording would need to be.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Simply go with it as it is - if VAR thinks it's a fine line, give benefit of doubt to the attacker. For our goals it was all about keeper contact though.

Blog Entries

Don't you know, pump it up, the jacks are going up ����

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

VAR watch!

First red card: Easy red.
    Cavani foul/penalty: Could have gone either way. I felt it was a penalty, but I can just about understand it.
    Adams goal: Absolutely should have been a goal.
    Second red card: It was absolutely a penalty, and he was the last man. The arguments given by the commentator against it just didn't fly for me, and he was repeatedly asking for pity on Southampton throughout.

Should be 9-1 atm (it's 8-0 with a couple of minutes to go).

Articles

VAR watch: Null and void that entire game because for smurf's sake I had Bednarek in my fantasy football team

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

xD ouch

What do you guys think about this season?!