• Aston Villa

0 0%
  • Fulham

0 0%
  • West Brom

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: this is now a Euros thread

Well, the 2020-2021 season from my point of view has to be the most unpredictable season in most of the leagues, and a couple of weeks ago even the premier league was unpredictable. However right now, I guess most of us would agree that Manchester City are the only team in a good form, and deserving to win the league title.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, there's no stopping them at this point. Pretty impressive considering their prime players have had injuries. For my team, we've improved a lot since last season but we still have a way to go. We've got the build for a great side but just need that special someone, probably a forward - sounds odd saying that considering how we've scored more goals than any team this season but I think our defence isn't all that bad, we just need to finish more chances. Rashford squanders a fair few, Martial doesn't have the determination I feel is needed, and Greenwood is still building up. Cavani has been great but obviously we can't rely on him as he's getting on in years. I think if we are able to grab one of either Sancho or Haaland then I'd be very excited. But that's a big ask. May as well be overly optimistic and ask for both, right?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

And yea, history will remember when Manchester United and Liverpool almost killed football

there was a picture here

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

You'd hope so but more likely it'll be forgotten about within about 6 months. Just like all their other get rich quick schemes like the 39th game and Project Big Picture.

It has definitely been a couple of days, hasn't it?

smurf all these teams.

Good old Jose, going back to Serie A. Looking forward to more press conference fights with Conte and him once again being gone within 3 years. That's about as even money as it gets right now.

Curious how teams will spend this off season since COVID ravaged everyone's finances and the failed coup scuttled all their big payday schemes.

At this point, I just want this season to be over. I remain bitterly disillusioned with the state of things in many ways and really just miss hearing and seeing fans during big games again.

These no atmosphere games are soul draining and not just because it clearly has taken a toll on the teams, City aside since they long ago sold their souls for a big payout.

Here's to better days ahead, maybe.

Take care all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    City aside since they long ago sold their souls for a big payout.
    People do love saying this about a team that is still not the top-spending team in their own city. I mean, they are right - but increasing your salaries to simply at least come close to the top-spenders is the only way to compete in a non-salary-capped league. I would still be inclined to call out the actual biggest spender first.

Articles

haha more like man POO nited am i rite we had FOUR defenders better than harry maguire out injured and still won lmao bubba is a piss gremlin

Look, I know we're still Europa bound but I've watched five months of awful, awful football, just let me have this one thing.

Articles

I think I’ve aged 15 years this weekend. smurf me this sport is brutal and beautiful.

Delighted for Leicester and for Alisson, both really poignant after all that’s happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I think I’ve aged 15 years this weekend. smurf me this sport is brutal and beautiful.

Delighted for Leicester and for Alisson, both really poignant after all that’s happened.
    I would thoroughly enjoy Leicester somehow knocking Chelsea off again but the way this season would go, Chelsea would finish 5th but then win the Champions League final anyway.

If Liverpool some how finish Top 4 this season, it might be Klopp's biggest achievement and that is AFTER winning a friggin Champions League and the League. Losing VVD and basically every defender that has stepped on the field, during COVID, no fans, isolated from family, just surreal. Chills equal to Origi's goals against Everton and Barca.

Was also so great to see such genuine joy from the entire team, you can see how much they really care for him. Thought he gave a great post match interview as well. Maybe we need him to play as a target man going forward.

Take care all. YNWA.

We hope that Liverpool will have no problems with Burnley!

In the end, congrats to City and a helluva EPL career for Kun Aguero. As long as Pep is there, they will remain the favorite.

It's going to be a very strange offseason. If Kane does leave, where does he land? That could alter the landscape quite a bit, not just for where he goes but what Spurs do from there. Likewise, this might truly be the end of an era for Arsenal as they aren't playing in European competition at all next season for the first time since I can remember.

Very glad Leicester won that FA Cup, they deserved some kind of silverware after two very good but ultimately disappointing campaigns. It's wild that they spend basically every week except for the last two in the Top 4 but finish 5th twice.

I'm still not even sure how Liverpool finished 3rd but I'll take it. I'm actually very excited to see what Thiago can do with a full season, though really it'll be the return to full health of VVD that lifts us up the most.

Goodbye and well wishes to Gini Wijnaldum too. The more I have come to understand and follow the deeper parts of the game, what he provided week in and week out will be deeply missed between positional spacing, shielding and ball retention. If I were him, I'd go to Bayern or maybe even Dortmund. Barca seem like a team that is in the midst of a real crisis next year and he deserves a good opportunity to shine.

All in all, I got the top 4 right but in the wrong order for 1st and 3rd. I definitely was too high on Arsenal and Sheffield United as well.

On to the Champions League Final, The Euros and then we'll do it all again! so glad fans are back too.

Take care all.

Articles

Aguero is the best finisher the league has ever seen. With Silva and Kompany leaving in previous years it feels like the end of an era.

Ugh for Spurs and Chelsea.

For Liverpool, wow. The main three centre backs, Van Dijk, Gomez and Matip are injured and out for the season. Okay, let’s sign two new CBs in January for cover, Kabak and Davies. They are also both injured and hilariously Davies never played a minute for the club. No worries let’s play Henderson at CB oh wait nope he’s out for the season too now.

So somehow we’ve gone on a mad run with our 6th and 7th choice CBs who both - naturally - picked up head injuries in the final game. What the hell is going on? It’s like there’s a strange voodoo curse on the CB position.

Nat Phillips is the second coming of Jesus Christ himself though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Finally, I can vote in the poll.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!