Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: this is now a Euros thread

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

same

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    same
    Your prediction is 1 year too early

Congratulations to Chelsea on the win. To be honest I was rooting for City, but I was very impressed with Chelsea's game!

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Y'all have a thread for the premier league but not Euro? Where am I going to rub it in that England couldn't even beat Scotland?

This is the honorary thread for all kickorb

Rooting interests, from highest to lowest priority:

Anyone facing England
    Anyone facing Portugal
    Wales
    Scotland
    Any random major underdog

If I have to pick a Traditional Powerhouse to win I guess my choice is Italy simply because it has been the longest since they've been good, of the big teams.

Articles

Now now, England did quite well given that on paper Scotland are the better team.

Can you look at that England squad and say that any of them are truly the best in the world in their position? Scotland have the best left back in the world, Champions League and Premier League winning Andy Robertson. Who did England have? Podgy sulky Europa League bottle job Luke Shaw. What a mismatch.

And let’s not forget that one of the teams had a limited, immobile championship level striker upfront, and the other one had Lyndon Dykes.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarZidane View Post
    Y'all have a thread for the premier league but not Euro? Where am I going to rub it in that England couldn't even beat Scotland?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57250376This u? Netherlands have world class players like Wijnaldum and Van Dijk, so unlike England you have no excuses!

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Now now, England did quite well given that on paper Scotland are the better team.

Can you look at that England squad and say that any of them are truly the best in the world in their position? Scotland have the best left back in the world, Champions League and Premier League winning Andy Robertson. Who did England have? Podgy sulky Europa League bottle job Luke Shaw. What a mismatch.

And let’s not forget that one of the teams had a limited, immobile championship level striker upfront, and the other one had Lyndon Dykes.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarZidane View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57250376This u? Netherlands have world class players like Wijnaldum and Van Dijk, so unlike England you have no excuses!
    But England's 4th on the FIFA rankings! Though honestly I don't know how they calculate those.

To be fair I haven't been paying attention to football in a long while, thanks to Netherlands just being in complete shambles the past 5-6 years. From what I see/hear a lot of the traditional powerhouses are having that phase where they have to switch to the new generation and are hesitant to do so which only delays a return to form.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't especially enjoy or care for football, but man I love watching people talk about football.

I spent two hours last night have Roy Keane chatting about players in the background.

So far both Italy and the Dutch have looked very strong. I'll be extremely curious to see who else advances, especially out of Group F. Denmark could be a real live wildcard, especially with their next matchup against Wales who aside from Bale don't have much in the way of a true attacking threat.

I had a pre Euro prediction of an Italy - France final and I might stick to that if the bracket unfolds that way.

England might be better off drawing against the Czech Republic tomorrow and stay 2nd to avoid playing the second place finisher in Group F but who knows? At the least, they definitely need to change up their lineup.

Take care all.

- Devin

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

russia got destroyed the other day
    just a barrage of attacks against the goalie, no fault of his

FFXIV Character

Well, last night sure was a wild ride.

I saw someone made an image of the group standings for each goal:
    eurogroup.png

Updated list for round of 16:

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post

Anyone facing England
    Anyone facing Portugal
    Wales
    Czech Republic
    Sweden

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

it's nice of poland to send lewandowski to the euros but i feel like it'd be good if they had sent a team with him too, it being a team sport and all

FFXIV Character

Updated list for round of 16:

Anyone facing England
    Anyone facing Portugal
    Wales
    Czech Republic
    Sweden
    Why you gotta do the Netherlands dirty like that

Anyway, my predictions for the round of 16:

Wales - Denmark: No idea, apparently Denmark's got a good team? But Wales is becoming a popular underdog? I'll go with Denmark.
    Italy - Austria: Italy, I'll be absolutely and utterly shocked if Austria wins this.
    Netherlands - Czech Republic: Netherlands, because obviously I gotta go with my country
    Belgium - Portugal: Belgium, yeah they had an easier group than Portugal but Portugal has not impressed, at all
    Croatia - Spain: I mean..I would say Spain, but apparently Spain kind of sucks these days? So no idea. Croatia.
    France - Switzerland: This one's just mean, RIP Switzerland
    Germany - England: Bit of a crapshoot here because neither team has impressed, but I'm gonna say Germany.
    Sweden - Ukraine: Sweden, not expecting this to be much of a contest.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    it's nice of poland to send lewandowski to the euros but i feel like it'd be good if they had sent a team with him too, it being a team sport and all
    the disrespect to zielinski

I agree with all of WZ's predictions except I'm backing Spain over Croatia. Croatia somehow contrived to be worse than England in the opener and did not impress me at all. At least Spain had the Slovakia rout. It's going to be one hell of a smurfing boring game though. As is France-Switzerland and England-Germany to be honest, though I think the Spain-Croatia tie will be the worst. The other ties should all be bangers though and I'm looking forward to them.