omg have you guys seen this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZEiTPXeYV0

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'm Spartacus.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Accurate.

Twitter tells me it’s been in development for 4 years, and Yoshi-P & that killer Heavensward team could/would grind out a game faster than we’re used to from SE, so I’m pretty hopeful about how close this could be to release.

The trailer timing is directly related to PS5 releasing, yes? I mean, like Sony asked for a trailer and exclusive blah blah before Yoshi-P intended to release anything, right? Am I reading that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    I forced myself through XIII and XV; I’ll force myself through this either way. I have at least a little hope with Yoshi-P producing, but I can’t drum up any hype over this showing. Multiple viewings of the trailer, and I can’t find a single thing to be excited about.
    Also, something about the logo makes me uneasy or worried, but I’m not sure why.
    You shouldn't really force yourself to play a game that you don't really enjoy, not just with Final Fantasy, but with any video game. What I really liked about FFVIII & FFIX is that they had random NPCs that asked you if you were enjoying the game or not, if you say no, they suggest that you should stop and find something else that you'll be happier with more. I'm assuming that they put those NPCs in because they knew that some fans would be suffering with "this isn't FFVII", syndrome.

If you don't really enjoy a FF, I highly suggest waiting a few years and trying again then, as opinions can change over time.
    I hear you. You’re probably right. I’m always hopeful for a payoff. I’ve played many games I didn’t enjoy at first but paid off beautifully in the end. Braid comes to mind.

But SE doesn’t have a Jonathan Blow, so yeah, you’re probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    I’ve played many games I didn’t enjoy at first but paid off beautifully in the end.
    Same here. Some of my favourite games are ones that I hated for the first few hours, but just persevered because people had told me "it gets good soon". The whole Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro series for example. A lot of people had that same experience, where the gameplay just isn't clicking for you at all, but then you get to a certain point and its like a switch flips in your mind, and its suddenly awesome. Lol.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

dark fantasy (no, can't, kanye would sue)
    final souls (honestly? it could work)

I've definitely played games that I didn't initially like that I enjoyed more as I played further. However, I've played more games that I persevered on longer than I should have because of the opinion of others and still ultimately ended up hating the game. I've all but stopped listening to other people's opinions on games for that reason at least for games that are of types that I already know I don't like. Dark Souls pretty much falls in that category.

I hope it will be great!!!

It was fantastic.
    YANG FANG LEIDEN IS THE PINNACLE OF HUMAN EXISTENCE

Also learn a lesson, haters, Yang's wife is NOT canon!

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

it really was

have you all seen this

This video was posted a couple of times here, I think everyone managed to watch it. I can't wait to see how it turned out, especially the graphics, as I am a graphic designer and always like to look at what is new. I really hope that I will have enough time to play as I waited a lot for it.
    YANG FANG LEIDEN IS THE PINNACLE OF HUMAN EXISTENCE

Also learn a lesson, haters, Yang's wife is NOT canon!