Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taking bets on when it will come out.

Unless we see VII part 2 announce a 2022 release date, that's also what I'll go for. And whichever one doesn't make that will be 2023.

It would be nice if they weren't too far apart this time, like XVI in November '22, VII in March '23. But I won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post

Given that FFVIIR came out this year and we already have a trailer for this game, I'd say this might come out first.
    FF7R and FFXV had their first trailers like 4-5 years before they released. I don't think you can infer much from that at all. I think we got a trailer simply because it was the console reveal, and they wanted to broadcast the idea that FF16 would be one of the big games of the next gen!

My current prediction is FF7R Part 2 will be christmas 2022, meaning over 2.5 years since Part 1. Then FF16 will be 2023, based on the assumption that they only went into full production after finishing the last 14 expansion.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Okay.

My guess is 2022 for FFXVI, 2024 for VIIR Part 2.

Doubt VIIR part 2 and XVI will release the same year. Strictly from a financial standpoint, Square would probably try to avoid it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm going with this one not suffering a switch of console and restart of development like FFvsXII. It seems the general track record is that between announcing a single player main numbered title and releasing the game, since FFXII it's been 7/6/5 years (or 11 if you count FFXV since the start of FFvsXIII). So, I'd say that we're looking down at least 3 years post announcement. It's 2020, so 2023 seems the earliest option unless they learned something from the XIII sequels and/or WoFF that will allow them to speed up the process. Sadly I'm not that confident. People are saying that it looks like it's further along the development, but presonally I don't put much weight in a trailer. They even admitted about FFXV that they had a trailer out before they had any form of playable game, if I recall correctly.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

According to a discussion with Jason Schreier on a podcast he was on he has sources suggesting it's been in development for 4 years, and could be out sooner than we expect.

Even assuming that's all true I'd wager 2022 at the absolute earliest, maybe March/April if we're incredibly lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    They even admitted about FFXV that they had a trailer out before they had any form of playable game, if I recall correctly.
    Yeah the first XV trailer ended up having 0% of the final game in it Lol. Literally nothing in that trailer is in the final game.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    According to a discussion with Jason Schreier on a podcast he was on he has sources suggesting it's been in development for 4 years, and could be out sooner than we expect.
    Cool, just 6 more years to go then!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    I approve of this date even if for no other reason than that's what I would like it to be

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The fact they're promising a website up by next month is already a step in the right direction and give me hope the game is further along than people think. I still expect a minimum of two years from now in the most optimistic scenario, but I wouldn't be surprised if SE had been working on this so it would launch within a year of the PS5's release.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

when I am right please make me a cids knight for a day and then dishonorably discharge me from the position within 24h as my prize

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I think the 4 years in development claim is a bit sketchy, but they've definitely had some work on it, so I'll say 2022.

Late 2021/ Early 2022 Seems like what they're implying with the 4 year dev and "you'll see it sooner than you think" speech

But...who knows?