Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taking bets on when it will come out.

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    and "you'll see it sooner than you think" speech
    Where did they say this?

Considering that one of them referred to a joke about 2035, "sooner than you think" is not necessarily all that soon. It's also not taking into account the unexpected, but inevitable delays.

Plot-Twist : The release date is Jan..... 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Strife View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    and "you'll see it sooner than you think" speech
    Where did they say this?
    My mistake, it was Jason Schreier (who breaks alot of gaming news tbf)

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news...-think-2763085

On Thursday (September 24), Bloomberg reporter Jason Schreier claimed during the latest Triple Click podcast episode that Final Fantasy XVI has been in development for “at least” the past four years and will arrive faster than Final Fantasy XV.

“I’ve heard from people who know the game, have worked on the game or are familiar with the game’s development that it’s actually been in development for at least four years in some capacity. So it’s coming sooner than people think,” he said.

Schreier also added that Final Fantasy XV might have “set a terrible precedent”, citing the game’s long development time. “It was announced as [Final Fantasy Versus XIII] in 2006 and then took 10 years to make, so I think [the developers] want to shy away from that. It makes sense.”
    It was something I had read and it came close to when the team was speaking about it, so it probably got jumbled up in my head