Thread: Summons you hope to see in FFXVI

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Summons you hope to see in FFXVI

Thread title says it all, are there any summons, or Icons this time around, you hope to see in the game?

We already have seen Phoenix, Ifrit, Shiva and most likely Titan already.

I would LOVE to have Alexander return, either as a fortress or a giant death robot like the Giant of Babil.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So I think it’s safe to say there’s gonna be more of them than we had in XV (6 - 7 with Garuda), but I also don’t think there’s going to be a whole lot of them, considering it looks like they’ll mostly be manifesting as different combat styles for the MC. We’ll definitely see a lightning one, but whether it’s Ramuh or something else is yet to be revealed. Agreed that Alexander would be cool, and I think Leviathan and Bahamut are like a given at this point. Also, judging how it’s by the XIV team, I wouldn’t be surprised if Garuda made it there.

As for old summons I’d like to see return, I’d love to see Diabolos, Fenrir, Maduin/Madeen, and Odin, whose absence in XV was noticeable (I really was hoping Regis would become him, but him forming Knights of the Round with the other kings of Lucis was neat too). Gilgamesh would also be cool to see, but I imagine his cameo won’t happen as an Eikon but just as a regular character. Other than that, I hope we also get some new summons. References to previous titles are great, but it’s been a while since we’ve actually had new summons added. Let’s add more creatures to this roster.

Also, Zona Seeker could be funky, perhaps?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Alexander and Odin would make me happy. For more obscure summons, Fenrir and Midgar Zolomn would be interesting too. Course, with this being the XIV team and the heavy Matsuno influence it's giving off, I can see Belias or Zodiark making an appearance as well.

One summon I would love to see return is Asura

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'd like to see Fenrir, too.

I'm interested to see how they approach size variations. Will they all be colossal titans or can you have like a pocket Carbuncle.

give me Ghost Train or give me death

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    So I think it’s safe to say there’s gonna be more of them than we had in XV (6 - 7 with Garuda),
    I thought the reason there weren't many in XV is because they had that much bigger role in the story, and so it required a lot more work on each of them.

The same rationale might apply here too, if they're playing big roles in the story and have epic cutscenes based on them.

Summons have played a big role in the stories of lots of FFs.

Ixion needs to make a return one day.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    give me Ghost Train or give me death
    Only if you can suplex it

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Ixion needs to make a return one day.

Edit : I forgot that he's around in FF14, but still.