Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what do you hope to see?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chocobo So what do you hope to see?

What it says on the tin, we got our first hint of the game, what elements do you hope to see in the game now?

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Oh so many things.

• Moogles
    • Female party member
    • Cities to explore (sorry XV, you were weak in this regard)
    • A really damn great combat system (if you're gonna go action combat, go all-in, aim for something on par with actual action games, not middling action combat like XV and yes, even 7 Remake, which was better but still a joke compared to the likes of DMC and Bayonetta)
    • Fantastical environments. This is actually one of the big things from the admittedly only 4 minutes long first trailer. I really want something more than just European medieval with magic, European medieval is boring.
    • A new and refreshing level-up/skill system. I'm kinda over the whole "gain points and put them in this fairly linear skill/stat tree" thing that they've had in X, XII, XIII and XV. Alright, XII's wasn't that linear, but still.

well, there's more, but those are the ones that popped in my mind in quick succession.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah I wish this wasn’t a character action game the way it looks like it’s going to be. But there’s nothing I can really do about that.

I’d like to see some meaningful quests, since it looks like they’re already trying to ride the coattails of the Witcher 3, they might as well steal the best aspect of that game. Other than that I really just want a cool story, I’m open to anything at this point. Also, trailer didn’t wow me with it’s music so I hope we get better music in the game proper.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Gameplay: Make me think strategically. And don't think you need to go the route of MMO-lite, open world RPG of a million pointless fetch/collection/kill this monster quests that are nothing more than empty padding.

Story: Fun, laughter, drama, tension, mystery. Character development.

Game: don't sell a half-finished product and intend to fix it later with patches and DLC.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

MECHA

sci-fi settings

TIME TRAVEL BS

-A party of interesting characters. I REALLY don't want it to be a 1-character thing. This to me is a key piece of Final Fantasy.

-Huge and varied, non-linear world. It doesn't need to be full Skyrim-style open-world. But just something fairly open where you need to explore a lot and can backtrack to previous locations. None of that FFXV "and now the rest of the world becomes off-limits, unless you want to time-travel into the past" silliness. Something like the world of FF12 would be good. Constrained and segmented but open and non-linear.

-Mini-games! They've really slacked on this in recent times. The thing I loved in the PS1 era is how they all had these huge mini-games that would almost span the length of the whole game, and have important benefits for the main game too. So Chocobo breeding/racing in FF7, card game in FF8, Hot n' Cold in FF9. We need something like this to come back. They haven't done anything like this really since Blitzball in FFX. Battle square/ hunts type thing doesn't count. It has to be something other than just more battles.

-A love story! It's been a while since they did a good romance. FF8, FF9 and FF10 all had really love stories, and then they just did nothing for several decades. Nothing in XII, nothing in XIII, and then an almost trolling provocation of a non-romance in XV.

-No time travel, no alternate dimensions, no fighting against abstract concepts. The number of times where injecting metaphysics into a story actually improves it can be counted on one hand.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's really going to take me out of the story if there aren't hyper-specialized terms and concepts used abundantly throughout the story. Like I'm saying I want words to get thrown around casually in conversation that sound like gibberish, and conceptually are nonsensical, but the drama of the entire plot hinges on you having an encyclopedic knowledge of their definition. Give me mind-bending ideas about fate and time and love and spirituality wrapped up in words created exclusively by shaking up a bag of scrabble tiles and dumping them out on a table. Add punctuation too. As much punctuation as you can fit. In fact, make some of the words nothing BUT punctuation.

Look, maybe you simpletons want stories that are straightforward. Drama based on actual human interactions when they're caught up in increasingly dangerous situations. That's fine. Just go play Mario like a scrub. But I'm not buying this game until the reviews come in saying that the plot is deeply confusing and requires you to read two tie-in novels to begin to comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeberto View Post
    Give me mind-bending ideas about fate and time and love and spirituality wrapped up in words created exclusively by shaking up a bag of scrabble tiles and dumping them out on a table.
    There's no way that could possibly work. Unless you do it in Latin, then it'll be fine

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeberto View Post
    Give me mind-bending ideas about fate and time and love and spirituality wrapped up in words created exclusively by shaking up a bag of scrabble tiles and dumping them out on a table. Add punctuation too. As much punctuation as you can fit. In fact, make some of the words nothing BUT punctuation.
    I L'Cie what you did there.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I would like to see:

• Some varied locations not just different varieties of the medieval town.
    • Non-male and non-human playable characters.
    • Something other than a skill tree progression system (unlikely I'm sure).
    • Meaningful side quests. Red Dead Redemption 2 comes to mind as having a lot of varied and interesting side quests, though it's not a 'fantasy RPG'. Even Witcher 3 had too many 'use witcher senses to track and kill this thing' quests.
    • Humor, wit, whimsy.
    • Meaningful gear upgrades that require some choice on what to equip rather than just using the weapon with the best attack power with 1-2 accessories that are situational only on the hardest battles.
    • Some form of the job system, even if it is just that the characters are stronger in certain areas (healing, magic, tanking, etc.).
    • A charismatic villain who gets some real screen time and development (this one seems hopeful). Also some meaningful side villain characters.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I'm already glad we have a medieval setting, but I would also like

• Party members and not just a main character, including female ones
    • An interesting vilain, similar to Kefka, Ardyn or Sephiroth, who are the best FF ones in my opinion.
    • Different kind of relationships between the characters, and all of them just as meaningful and important (pretty much like FFVI)
    • Real magic and not just magic flasks

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Gilgamesh making an showing is always fun.

If it's going to take a page from old school FF then :

• A evil tree
    • Onion Knights
    • LETS GO TO THE MOON FOR SOME CHEESE GROMIT !
    • David Bowie
    • Grave for Link/Erdrick
    • Turtle sage
    • Sexy Dragooner knight
    • Main Character has a dorky old fashioned name like Cecil
    • MERMAIDS AND VAMPIRES
    • Black Mage/ Vivi type character
    • Bards

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    Gilgamesh making an showing is always fun.

• Also most importantly strong female characters. If FFII can manage Maria and FFIV/FFV can manage Rydia and Faris then there's 0 excuses. None. Zip. Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    • Main Character has a dorky old fashioned name like Cecil

Oh how I would love it if they make a brooding gritty warrior and call him Horatio or Willoughby.