I'm quite interested to know if it's managed to hold anyone's interest this long, or if new players are checking it out. I myself just started it this summer, and I'm hooked. Some of its systems are archaic and a bit frustrating, but there seem to have been several updates in the last 10 years that have made it more palatable for new and solo players (like Home Points and Trust magic). I'm quite impressed by the storytelling so far. I love the episodic nature of the stories, and Vana'diel is an enchanting world.

It's a bit lonely, though. If anyone else happens to be playing on Shiva, let me know. I'm thinking about joining a Linkshell, but I'm pretty shy and MMO guilds have always been a bit intimidating to me. Too many new people at once. It'd be nice to have just a couple of people to talk to. I won't be on every month (since there are a handful of MMOs I like, and trying to play more than one at once is just insane), but since we'll be getting new story content until at least 2022, I'll definitely be playing pretty regularly for a while.