Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: A Full Final Fantasy Fmarathon (Community Edition)

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Revenant wings is also not a good game.

I think I'll play along. Time to dust off the old PSP.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yay qwerty! The more the merrier!

Also just for the record - anyone can play any version of any of the games that they want. I just listed my own personal list, and it should by no means be considered a standard for this marathon!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Alrighty, three crystals down, all four of the Earthgift Shrine bosses beaten! That leaves us one more crystal, three more Soul of Chaos dungeons, the new timed dungeon they added to the PSP version, and then the Temple of Chaos. If all goes well, I’ll be done with FFI today

Wolf Kanno’s advice has been as enlightening as always. The Monk is an absolute badass and he pretty much trivializes bosses. I’m very happy that I went with him and that I am keeping him naked at all times. Funnily enough, the Monk and Master Monk are the only job pair that got a complete redesign for the 20th anniversary version, looking nothing like the originals or the Wonderswan/PSX/GBA version. I wonder why that is. I know he monsters have been redrawn to more faithfully represent the Amano artwork, but was this the case here? Did Amano even design any of the jobs? Did Kazuka Shibuya have anything to do with the remake sprites?

I might join you when you get onto FF4, but I'll play the DS version because I've never played that version, even though I have the game on my 3DS.

Also, I never finished Lightning Returns, which I did want to do, just to find out how the concluded the story (if they did)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The DS version is my personal favorite, but I’ve decided against it this time just to switch things up. Keep in mind that it’s also the hardest version though, unless you really take advantage of the new augment system. I’d advise you to look up hoe to get some of the most useful ones to get by.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So I’ve reached the Flying Fortress and that’s where I’ll have to end it for this week. I’ve done two of the Soul of Chaos dungeons, went up all the way to the top floor only to be reminded just how brutal Shinryu and Omega are. I’ll need to prepare. Time to get the last crystal, then I’ll actually do Whisperwind Cove before finishing Lifespring Grotto.

So I’ll be busy a couple of days and won’t be able to play until Friday, but I’ll definitely be able to give tips and cheer on anyone posting their progress here!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    The DS version is my personal favorite, but I’ve decided against it this time just to switch things up. Keep in mind that it’s also the hardest version though, unless you really take advantage of the new augment system. I’d advise you to look up hoe to get some of the most useful ones to get by.
    You should play FFIII by emulator so you can play the original Famicom version Fynn. Just a thought...

Same here. Love FFIV DS the most out of the FFIV versions, but might go for a easier version for the marathon.

I'm still working my way through my first playthrough of the series, but I'm tempted to start over from the beginning just so I can join you.

At the very least, I think I'll replay the games I've already finished when you get to them - well, probably not II, since I just finished it for the first time around a week ago. It's been almost 10 years since I've played IV, though. It's well past time for a replay.
    Playing Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood

Final Fantasy Games Completed

II, IV, VI, VII, X, X-2, XII, XIII, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, XV, Type-0

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    You should play FFIII by emulator so you can play the original Famicom version Fynn. Just a thought...
    I was thinking about that, but ultimately decided against it. I remember the horror stories D: Plus, I know the Geomancer isn’t nearly as good in that version and we can’t just have that

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I was thinking about that, but ultimately decided against it. I remember the horror stories D: Plus, I know the Geomancer isn’t nearly as good in that version and we can’t just have that
    But other classes are way better in the Famicom version like the Evoker class and the two prestige classes are actually worth the trouble acquiring. Besides, playing the original versions of some of the classes will make you appreciate their better incarnations in later installments.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I mean it would certainly make things more cohesive as I wouldn’t be playing a 3D game until VII...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Found my PSP

Now I need to locate the cable to charge it. For some unknown reason I stored them separately like a dumbass