Thread: What is a trance?

Default What is a trance?

Like Terra in a trance state or Zidane and Kuja in a trance state. What exactly is it? Is it a state or emotional calmness, peace, tranquility, like a spiritual awakening similar to concepts found in Buddhism where one reaches Zen? Or is it a state or emotional distress related to feelings like anger and hatred similar to transformations like Super Saiyan, Raiden in Ripper mode, or even the Hulk as an example and such? I've never really figured it out but do any of y'all know so what it is?

Obviously it's not zen like state in FFIX. You achieve it by getting hit and canonically when there's is something important going on. Kuja may seem calm in his perma trance state but he is power hunger crazy.

That depends. Normally a trance is something where you are not conscious of what your body is doing or sometimes you kind of get it but are simply lead by a force. Actually the trance of Final Fantasy is not that differet when it comes ro being lead by a flow of power. With the difference that charaters like Kuja actuall totally control that power after becoming Super Saiyan 4.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

It's what Steiner said it is at the beginning of the game.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I think they just put some earbuds on and listen to trance music.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    Obviously it's not zen like state in FFIX. You achieve it by getting hit and canonically when there's is something important going on. Kuja may seem calm in his perma trance state but he is power hunger crazy.
    So then what does that make FFVI's Trance then?

Don't ask me that, never playe VI, but either way they don't have to be the same way so I wouldn't try to make sense out of one for the second.

Ehh you kinda got a point there. I don't think we can make really any sense out of what a Trance really is.

Trance is square-enix being in denial about the fact that everyone knows they're called Limit Breaks and no matter what they rename them as, they're still Limit Breaks.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Trance is square-enix being in denial about the fact that everyone knows they're called Limit Breaks and no matter what they rename them as, they're still Limit Breaks.
    Shhh, they send stealth helicopters to anyone who talks trash about Square-Enix. They...uh...silence their critics. Sometimes Tetsuya Nomura himself accompanies the strike team. I've been lucky enough not to get caught.

Though I could have sworn I heard odd sounds in my house earlier. Sounded like some guy was sneaking around wear a suit made out of belts and zippers and whatnot. I checked the house and didn't find anything so I think I'll ab alri

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It is like going Super Saiyan without witnessing Krillin's Death. Which is why they can't maintain it for long. They are waiting to witness Vivi's death to reach full Super Saiyan form.