Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Pratt Attacked

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Hey guys remember how Chris Pratt’s career ended and the slander on his name has never stopped in the past two weeks
    Get with the program Fynn, it's Johnny Depp who's been wronged now.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slothy View Post
    You know I didn't even read that far into the OP originally because why bother but jesus christ what an absurd thing to say. Now I want to know if he's serious about wanting to genocide twitter users.
    I don't know if you'll ever find out because OP hasn't come forward with some generous back and forth dialogue.

The current trend is:

1. Create a thread
    2. Get absolutely dumpstered in the replies
    3. Don't respond
    4. Create new topic about a thing 3 people on Twitter are mad about

Quote Originally Posted by Slothy View Post
    Now I want to know if he's serious about wanting to genocide twitter users.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X
    Personally, this is where my politics begins and ends... with the demand for celebs to stop cowtowing to Twits (also stop frequenting, shut it down, go somewhere else), the demand that Twitter be shutdown as it has long since become dominated by clear and present internet trolls, and the suggestion that every Twit who ever levied a death threat be rounded up into internment camps.
    American internment camps were used to separate Japanese citizens from the general populace during World War II because the government was not willing to trust they may be spies. Now if I had said Concentration Camp, I could see how you would misunderstand my intent. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if you were, in fact, intentionally misrepresenting my statement. Also, your choice of terminology is impossible as genocide would imply the end of a people but Twits are like cockroaches can never be ended. A better choice of words would have been simply "mass murder."

Also, Lone, you're right, it is the trend. It's the kind of thing Twits do all of the time. Only contrarywise, I don't drop in my statements in a place where I can easily turn off the comments if I don't like what people have to say.

Why don't you people find something useful to do rather than dogpiling your "witty rapport" into my threads?

smurf. i think i need a new sig already

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I mean, this is a thread about Chris Pratt and Twitter. 'Finding something useful to do' has kinda gone out the window from the start.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Why don't you people find something useful to do rather than dogpiling your "witty rapport" into my threads?
    Why don't you stop having opinions like that anyone should be put in internment camps? Personally I think crimes against humanity are bad.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

uh.

No.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't drop in my statements in a place where I can easily turn off the comments if I don't like what people have to say.
    It's actually pretty easy to block forum users you don't want to interact with.

Is there anything else you'd like to be wrong about?

Seems like it could have been a learning experience with good dialog on both sides, but nobody wanted that. Don't be too quick to chase people away. That's how you create Trump supporters and people who are scared of the left. We used to have some good conservatives in here and real discussions of differing opinions without getting nasty. Unfortunately they didn't like how liberal the whole place was and eventually gave up and moved on. Personally I think a lot of problems with politics currently is everyone is in an echo chamber and not willing to let anyone else speak, let alone try to understand where they are coming from. Pardon the whiskey talking, but I can disagree with Merc, and hope some of his comments were hyperbole, and not hate him for it. But take my ramblings with a grain of salt. I'm pretty liberal myself and even I feel out of place sometimes

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

For one, I don't hate Merc. I appreciate him a lot. These are some interesting threads! We mess around with him because, hey, it was a topic about Chris Pratt and Twitter, after all. Not exactly the same level of political discussion as, say, separating immigrant children from their families or trying to keep minorities from voting. If you very seriously care about celebrity tweets then you need to rethink your priorities.

Now as for 'creating Trump supporters', I cry foul on that one. Trump supporters are not created by EoFF The Lounge threads. Pretty sure that if you come here to gripe about people being called out for having silly conservative views, you've already made your choice. Trump supporters were indeed created by the echo chambers, but not the ones you think. A massive conservative propaganda machine and broken education system are responsible for this wonderful country we live in now.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Del, I think we both know that 90% of the 74 million Trump voters are active EoFF forum-goers.

Donald Trump himself used to post here, under the account Super Millionaire.

Lol I'll blame the alcohol but the way the thread derailed I guess I felt like it was in Lifestream and not Lounge. But I'll definitely concede. You make a valid set of points and are likely more right than myself; and appreciate the follow-up humor. Love you guys

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'll have you know I treat a thread basically called "White people attacked for being white: Part 37" with the level of seriousness and contemplation it deserves in a television and movie subforum.